Sr Systems Engineer
Colorado Spring, CO
The Sr Systems Engineer will be a member of the Integration & Test (I&T) Functional Area of the Missile Defense National Team for Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC) (aka C2BMC NT), this position will coordinate, develop and execute detailed test plans and procedures to test C2BMC interfaces design implementation in an integrated environment or to test specific capabilities for interfaces or infrastructure in support of operations (e.g., Internal Messaging, control and monitoring, message and display recording and playback, failover processing).
- Execute tests of interface communication paths and capacity performance; conduct post-test data analysis and reporting.
- Create test Discrepancy Reports to document issues and assist development with the investigation and resolution of issues.
- Review and comment on testability issues, obvious design flaws, anticipate data collection points and coordinate development of plans for and conduct of anomaly test and analysis as required
- Testing and evaluation of a software-intensive system in a variety of test environments/venues, utilizing Agile development
- Experience in the integration of separate software components into a single system.
- Evaluate software, algorithms and processes that enable the Command and Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) element of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). Knowledge of software verification processes and techniques, test reporting, regression testing, and test data analysis
- Experience and expertise with ICD verification as well as command and control infrastructure software such as data handling and synchronization including ancillary equipment monitoring
- Analyze and validate the performance and validity of interfaces and supporting system software to specified system requirements.
- Agile development, automated testing framework (i.e. Gerkin), manipulation of large data sets, spreadsheet analysis, and associated tools
- MATLAB, JAVA software or PYTHON scripting development, Perl, PL/SQL queries, conducting post-processing and quantitative/qualitative analysis of collected data, development of action plans based upon analysis of data, documenting software deficiency reports, and presenting analysis results and plans of action orally and/or in written format (e.g., slides, annotated slides, test report document)
- Strong verbal/written communications skills enabling him/her to work effectively in a small technical team environment, and to accurately represent test perspectives to C2BMC system architects, software designers, other testers and test support personnel, the Government customer, and personnel in other MDA programs
- Experience in testing and evaluation of a software-intensive system in a variety of test environments/venues, utilizing Agile development
- Use of DoD test methodologies; functional capability related test/analysis planning and execution; planning and execution of test data collection; and test data analysis and reporting
- Analysis experience should involve characterizing system, software, or component performance using quantitative methods; reporting the characterization to subsequent users; and contributing to performance assessment by program system engineers.
- This experience may come from independent efforts and/or from participation within test teams.
Technical Bachelor Degree (Mathematics, Science, Engineering, or Computer Science); Master’s Degree within these areas desirable. Plus 6 years prior technical experience.
Certification Required: Security+
Other: Occasional travel to and from HSV and COS may be expected
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.