Colorado Springs, CO
The Software Engineer on the C2BMC program will be responsible for software development in the Java language for Enterprise Services. Under minimal direction, provides specialized expertise within multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of related disciplines, applications implications, and customer areas.
- Performing in-depth analysis and technical support of systems software products, including complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support
- Maintain currency, debugs and configures related software products
- Works from specifications to develop or modify operating systems applications
- Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs
- Interfaces with other system support groups to resolve problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the operating system
- Designs, codes, tests and implements tools for operations automation
- Works on most phases of software systems programming applications, and may require instruction and guidance in other phases
Technical Skill Required:
- Software engineering and software development with strong Java/ J2EE/C++ experience.
- experience and knowledge of basic software practices such as coding standards and configuration management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to work effectively in a rapid paced, team environment.
- Common software development and management tools such as Clearcase and Eclipse - understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams - experience implementing mathematical algorithms in source code
Desired technical skills:
- Experience developing enterprise applications.
- Familiarity with Java foundation classes and toolkits. Knowledge of server side/database development, computer system administration; Net-centric, horizontal integration program expertise is a plus. Flexibility and willingness to take on unanticipated tasking is highly desirable.
Clearance Requirement: Active/Current Secret Clearance.
- Experience and knowledge of C2BMC System or Missile Defense Systems.
- Command and control system application development
- Experience with Software Integration testing
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to review performance, identify root cause and recommend a solution
- Good verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to work independently and will possess the poise and flexibility required to work in a highly dynamic environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office products
Bachelor degree in software engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or related field from an accredited college plus 6 years of hands on experience
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.