Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in support of the Air Operations Center Weapon System (AOC WS) Long-Term Modification and Sustainment (LTM&S) program. The position is located in Newport News, Virginia.
This position is a senior systems engineer on the Systems Engineering, Requirements Analysis (SERA) Team. It requires senior systems engineering experience in complex integration of an IT-intensive C4I system including the sustainment of existing baselines. The successful candidate will be a critical member of a high performing team working with other systems engineers, software engineers, and planners/programmers to support technical analysis of the impacts of upgrades/changes/modifications. This is an integration schema incorporating new capabilities to a very complex IT-intensive, C4I weapon system and it supports the Program Lifecycle.
The successful candidate will employ experienced effective communication skills in face-to-face interactions with customers and other contractors. The candidate must be able to work independently, collaborate in a team or working group setting, and provide a level of mentoring suitable to lesser experienced systems engineers on the team. Domestic and international travel is required with expected travel of 10%.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- The senior systems engineer on the SERA team in support of the Engineering and Sustainment IPT in accomplishment of SE requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with the interdisciplinary team including government customers, contractors, and the program engineering organization.
- As an experienced systems engineer, provide leadership to the team in their engineering efforts.
- Support customer in the development of Objectives, Key Results (OKRs) and support the collection measures to determine progress.
- Supports Risk Management: Adherence to the program risk management process; includes identification of potential risks, potential mitigation and tracking progress.
- Provide clear, concise and unambiguous SE status for use by SERA team lead and PMO.
- Capture, track, and close action items and responses in accordance with deadlines and applicable work instructions, associated with SE duties.
- Supports Systems Engineering plans, processes development and compliance.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Current DoD Secret security clearance.
- 6+ years of experience in systems engineering and / or related discipline.
- Knowledge of systems engineering roles and functions, including requirements management, functional analysis, configuration management processes and procedures.
- Experience in mission management or command & control domains.
- Demonstrated self-starter – proactive in determining goals and objectives and pursuing the necessary course of action.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly come up to speed on technical and management efforts currently underway.
- Practical knowledge of related disciplines in integration, test engineering, quality engineering, configuration/data management.
- Demonstrated mentoring experience, promoting professional development, and growth within the SE discipline.
- Demonstrated leader, ability to facilitate concurrence among personnel, groups, or organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with a multi-disciplinary project/team.
- Experience with Jira or like tool, organizing and facilitating Scrums, tracking progress and making corrective actions to remain on track.
- Knowledge of AOC WS and Production Center practices and release processes.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and complete tasks while managing a variety of engineering assignments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the full product life-cycle and related configuration management processes and application.
- Knowledge of Agile Framework, working as a Scrum member in the accomplishment of program requirements.
- Demonstrated trade analysis or assessment of alternatives to evaluate the technical merits of multiple products for selection.
- Earned Value Management certification a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of Raytheon EPIC processes.
- Experience supporting and writing technical proposal inputs.
- Experience developing Engineering Basis of Estimates (BOEs).
B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math or a Science, with 6 years of related work experienceOrMasters Degree and 4 years related work experienceOr14 years relevant experience in lieu of a degree.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.