Whether aloft in the skies, aboard a fighter jet protecting the skies, or an airborne surveillance platforms monitoring developments on the ground, Raytheon’s Secure Sensor Solutions mission area is responsible for providing advanced capabilities for multiple types of tactical aircraft and other platforms. We provide the most advanced systems to navigate in challenging environments, and identify and discriminate friendly and foe objects. Part of Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Systems business, S3 provides capabilities that enable critical tasks---from target identification, aircraft navigation, and target engagement. With our systems, warfighters know where they are going and what they are going to do when they get there.
The GPS & Navigation Systems (GNS) product line is responsible for providing U.S. and coalition forces with accurate GPS navigation capability to successfully achieve their missions—free of disruption and jamming. GNS solutions equip manned aircraft, unmanned systems, precision weapons, and ground systems specializing. These products include anti-jam systems, integrated GPS/INS navigators, high performance Selective Availability Anti-Spoof Module (SAASM) receivers, and Military Code (M-Code) receivers. #Guidingthemission
The Resilient Navigation Systems Engineering Department has an immediate opportunity for a Lead Systems Engineer to lead the MAGR2K-AWP program which is foundational to annual sales in the Resilient Navigation Systems business area. The MAGR2K-AWP program involves the upgrade of current baselined GPS/Navigation units that are currently in production. The MAGR2K-AWP program involves the implementation to M-code capability with enhanced anti-jamming/spoofing performance. The successful candidate will be experienced at leading hardware, software, and system development efforts necessary to propose, implement, verify, and deliver systems with complex embedded real time processing.
The Lead Systems Engineer will work closely with program, engineering, and business development management during all phases of program development and must be effective at communicating and building trust with senior management and customers.
The successful candidate must be a proven and effective leader driving technical integrity in the engineering team's products and behaviors, while ensuring program execution to plan. Responsibilities will include:
• As the program’s Lead Systems Engineering authority, providing technical leadership to a team of engineers that include leading the execution of the requirements development, design, build, integration and test activities, problem resolution and product verification.
• Ensuring the integrity of all engineering products, such as system plans and specifications, requirements allocation products, system architecture, design analyses, interface descriptions, vulnerability assessments, software products, verification products, and product roadmaps
• Integrating across functional boundaries (Program management, Customers, Security, Finance, Software, Systems, Hardware, Test Engineering and Operations) to resolve issues and ensure an optimal balance between cost and schedule and technical integrity
• Developing technical baselines and leading engineering content in proposal efforts
• Briefing senior management and customers on program progress and technical issues/corrective actions
• Minimum of 10 years of related experience in systems engineering
• Proficient with requirements decomposition, flowdown and verification
• Background and knowledge of electrical, mechanical, RF, and/or system level requirements
• Experience leading small teams to achieve goals on cost and schedule
• Practiced at preparing management level briefings
• Experience with earned value management (EVMS) tracking and reporting
• Can work effectively in both independent and team environments
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
• Requires Active DoD Secret Security clearance
• Experience with GPS receiver RF and digital electrical hardware development and integration, or equivalent experience with RF systems
• Knowledgeable and experienced with GPS or RF receiver anti-jam techniques
• Background in RF signal processing
• Demonstrated knowledge of GPS user equipment and /or inertial navigation systems architecture, requirements, design, algorithms or performance analysis
• Knowledge of GPS/navigation system test methodology, requirements, and methods
Required Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related STEM field.
Desired Education: Advanced degrees in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related STEM field. 148635
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.