NSITE Software Engineer
The Network, System Integration and Test Environment (NSITE) is a Government owned, managed, and developed software suite. NSITE is used by the Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Joint Services, and numerous labs in support of continued testing of systems employed for defense of the United States and our Allies. The NSITE software provides data collection, situational awareness, and analysis capabilities to a wide range of users who benefit from NSITE’s ability to act as an independent third-party truth teller. The NSITE team has in-depth experience in Tactical Data Links (TDL), Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Test, Enterprise Information Technology, Software and Systems Engineering and Information Assurance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining the NSITE software application suite.
- Work on a small agile development team where success is defined by the ability to understand your path forward, effectively communicate that path, and complete the task inherent to that path in a timely matter.
- Research advancements in computer science and related fields to help steer the product toward long term success.
- Communicate with leadership and the customer to ensure a common understanding of requirements.
- Document your work for the benefit of your teammates, the user, leadership, and posterity.
- Identify and solve challenging problems by writing performant, clean, and practical code.
- Active Secret Clearance, or ability to acquire one.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Proficient in C#, and in the Microsoft .NET 4.7 Framework.
- Ability to build an intuitive User Interface (UI).
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices, including Agile methodologies.
- Ability to analyze a requirement, generate a design, and produce efficient, robust, and testable software.
- Mastery of computer science fundamentals, independent of a specific language.
- Experience with database structures and fundamentals of database query languages (SQLite experience preferred).
Travel Required: Less than 10% annually.
- Familiarity with WPF-based UI control sets, such as DevExpress.
- Comfortable with C++ programming.
- Experience working on a highly networked application.
- Knowledge of efficient data transport over Wide Area Networks.
- Understanding of and experience with secure programming techniques.
- Knowledge of tactical and simulation data links (specifically Link 16, JREAP, DIS, VMF, CMF and XML).
- Experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio 2017.
- Experience with using Git version control, Bitbucket, JIRA, and Jenkins as software management tools.
- Experience with InstallAware.
Must be a U.S. Citizen 148604
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.