At Raytheon we regard the security of our employees, its assets, tangible and intangible, to be of primary importance to our continued growth, profitability and success. The establishment of security controls and procedures is essential for the protection of employees, the preservation of assets, and the effective enforcement of rules and regulations.
This position is a direct report to the Industrial Security Manager in Huntsville, Alabama. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading all aspects of the security program at the Huntsville Alabama facility, to include but not limited to, Industrial Security, International Security, Investigations & Counterintelligence, Physical Security, and Special Programs.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- The incumbent will serve as the Facility Security Officer (FSO) and the Insider Threat Program Senior Official and will be responsible for the development, administration, and compliance of security procedures for the protection of classified and proprietary materials, documents, and equipment in accordance with the NISPOM.
- On a daily basis, the incumbent coordinates with Raytheon Security Leadership, Raytheon Site Leadership, government agencies, and customers to obtain rulings, interpretations and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations.
- In coordination with Counterintelligence & Investigations department, the position will investigate security violations or incidents and prepare reports specifying corrective action. Conducts routine self-inspections, participates in customer reviews, documents findings, recommends and assists with corrective actions, and reevaluates implementation of corrective action plans.
- Partners with programs and Raytheon security for solutions to a myriad of security challenges. Individual must focus on customer service; be a team player; possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- This position will require some travel to various business locations as well as flexibility to perform during extended work hours.
Desired Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Security, Criminal Justice, Business or other related field or 8 years equivalent professional experience PLUS the following:
- At least 6 years’ experience in Industrial Security preferably as an FSO with completion of the FSO curriculum for possessing facilities through Defense Security Services
- Active Top Secret security clearance required– you must currently possess a minimum of a current, final Top Secret clearance with an investigation not older than 6 years on the first day of employment
- Understanding of the Defense Counterintelligence Security Agency (DCSA) Risk-Based Industrial Security Over Sight (RISO)
- Thorough knowledge of NISPOM, NISPOM Supplement
- Advanced training in Insider Threat
- Proven experience collaborating in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated experience in developing solutions to problems of unusual complexity
- Proven positive relationship and network with government agencies
- U.S. Citizenship
Security Clearance:This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of a Secret security Clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at .
- Masters' Degree in Industrial Security, Criminal Justice or related field
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to physical security, information security, access and visitor control security issues
- Experience in Counterintelligence operations
- Knowledgeable of COMSEC concepts and methods
- Experience performing and interpreting vulnerability assessments
- Experience administering the operations of a security infrastructure
- Knowledgeable in the Defense Counterintelligence Security Agency (DCSA) Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM)
- Knowledgeable in Department of Defense 5205.07 Volume 1-4.
- Knowledgeable in the National Counterintelligence and Security Center ICD/ICS 705
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Exceptional communications skills both written and verbal to all levels of employees and customers
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.