This position can be either a Sr. HR Generalist or Principal HR Generalist based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
The Human Resources Generalist (HRG) will report to an Engineering Human Resource Business Partner in Tucson, AZ that supports the Engineering function for Raytheon Missile Systems (MS). The role of an HRG is to provide strategic HR support by way of executing short and long-term initiatives, while adhering to company policies, procedures, and processes. They will partner with leaders as a coach on topics including organizational effectiveness, change management, talent management, organizational learning and development, performance management, compensation, benefits, and employee relations. They will help facilitate and design the delivery of processes that enable the business to meet their objectives. They must have influence on other parts of the matrixed organizations, be innovative, and adapt well to change.
The HRG must be able to operate both strategically and tactically, and consult effectively and independently with good judgment at all levels of the organization. The HRG must also collaborate and coordinate with HR colleagues at all business locations.
- Execute HR related deliverables, programs, processes and activities for customer group
- Models Employee Advocacy behavior to front, mid-level leaders, senior leaders and employees
- Coordinate and communicate across Engineering, other functions and the product lines to deliver quality support
- Educate & guide leaders and employees on Raytheon’s performance management program
- Collaborate with other HR organizations such as Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Organizational Effectiveness (OE), and Global Talent Development (GTD) to achieve business and talent objectives
- Coordinate and implement Talent Management strategies to include workforce planning, succession planning, and talent acquisition. This includes completing job analysis, requisition data, promotion justifications, talent profiles, assisting with career development plans for key individuals, as well as other necessary support/administrative tasks
- Implement employee relations and team-based initiatives including training, leadership development, and compensation and benefits to support strategic goals
- Infrequent travel to offsite facilities in support of HR programs, leadership development, and conflict resolution
- Comprehend and retain business and program acumen to assist in creating new leadership and program experiences for employees, as designed to accelerate talent development and pipeline
- Resolve issues for others to build and expand leadership capabilities that address and resolve both human and technical aspects of the work environment, including conducting investigations into employee concerns
- Minimum of four years’ experience working as a Human Resources Generalist with experience in Performance Management, Employee Relations, Equal Employment Opportunity, Compensation, Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Organizational Effectiveness or other HR related experience
- Strong proficiency serving as a consultant to senior leaders for their organization on highly significant matters relating to organizational strategies and effectiveness
- Experience or proficient in influencing across matrix organizations
- Must be capable of executing solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
- Experience in a Fortune 100 Company and/or high technology/defense company
- Human Resources and/or Labor Relations Certifications (PHR, SPHR, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of labor law legislation to include investigations and handling of employee relations issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to include presentations at senior manager level
- HR experience supporting remote site locations
- Experience implementing change management initiatives and strategies
- Experience or proficient in managing complex and multiple priorities simultaneously
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Organizational Development, or a related field
- Post-secondary degree in related field preferred
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.