Are you curious by nature and always seeking the “why” of something?
Do you yearn to work on the most cutting edge technologies?
Do you enjoy working directly with and providing technical briefs to managers and customers?
If you’ve responded with an enthusiastic “yes”, Raytheon Missile Systems may have an ideal job for you! Our Systems Design Center (SDC) team in Huntsville, AL needs strong Simulation Development and Analysis Engineers, who are ready to support Raytheon’s ongoing mission to support our war fighters and allies.
Within the Systems Design & Performance (SD&P) directorate, this role has the responsibility to provide, develop, and maintain Operations Research simulationsand perform Mission Analysisfor Raytheon Missiles Systems (RMS) products, support new business initiatives and development and execution of technology roadmaps.
The Operations Research Simulation Developer and Analyst conducts or participates in multi-disciplinary research across integrated product teams consisting of GNC, Signal Processing and Performance Analysis personnel in the design, development, and utilization of variable fidelity digital simulation software in advanced technical computing environments and performs system modeling and analysis activities for the purposes of supporting new business, missile system design, performance assessment and flight test support according to the program schedule.
The individual will participate in the development and implementation of model-based solutions to support mission trade studies and performance simulations and to ensure they meet defined requirements and functions. He/she will be expected to analyze and positively affect simulation execution performance. He/she will require knowledge of performance engineering as a discipline, its practices and procedures, in order to perform non-repetitive effective analytical work across a wide range of challenging computational problems.
The Operations Research Simulation Developer and Analyst is expected to work in a team environment, receiving inputs from his/her lead and providing guidance and/or direction to other team members. Individual will be expectedto work on diverse projects and independently determine and develop approaches and solutions; in addition providing development support throughout product lifecycle, from initial concept to fielded product.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Must have past academic or work experience with analysis methodologies in optimizing system performance
- Four (4) years of experience with programming and/or scripting languages such as C++, shell, Perl or Python
- Applied and/or academic experience for a total of four (4) years of design and digital system modeling and simulation experience to include knowledge of physics, random variables and their application to modeling and analysis
- An Applied Mathematics background or coursework (not seeking theoretical mathematicians)
- Applied and/or academic familiarity and knowledge of system engineering and analysis
- Prior work experience interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines
- Software requirements development
- Software design, integration, and test
- Frequent communication and interaction with government counterpart
- Familiarity with distributed simulation protocols such as DIS, HLA or TENA
- Working knowledge of STL and Boost Libraries
- Application of software build systems
- Good written and oral communication abilities
- Good analysis and problem solving abilities
- Needs to work well in teams and have the ability to multi-task
- Current Top Secret Department of Defense clearance preferred
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Math
- Masters’ degree in Computer Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or Math preferred
- Must have an existing Department of Defense issued Secret Security clearance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance to continue work
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.