Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) is seeking a Systems Engineer II to join our team in support of the Air Operations Center Weapon System (AOC WS) Long-Term Modification and Sustainment (LTM&S) program. The position is located in Newport News, Virginia.
This position is on the Systems Engineering, Requirements Analysis (SERA) Team. It requires technical and engineering experience in systems engineering in complex integration of an IT-intensive C4I system including the sustainment of existing baselines. The successful candidate will be a member of a high performing team working with other systems engineers, software engineers, and planners/programmers to support technical analysis of the impacts of upgrades/changes/modifications. This is an integration schema incorporating new capabilities to a very complex IT-intensive, C4I weapon system and supports the Program Lifecycle.
The successful candidate will effectively communicate face-to-face with other team members and occasionally the customer. The candidate must be able to team, collaborate, and occasionally work independently. Domestic and international travel is required with expected travel of 10%.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Part of the SERA team in support of the Engineering and Sustainment IPT in accomplishment of SE requirements.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with the interdisciplinary team and the program engineering organization.
- Willing to learn from the team in engineering efforts.
- Support customer in the contributing to Objectives, Key Results (OKRs) and support the collection measures to determine progress.
- Contribute to SE status for use by SERA team lead.
- Track and close action items and responses in accordance with deadlines and applicable work instructions, associated with SE duties.
- Supports Systems Engineering plans, processes development and compliance.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Current DoD Secret security clearance.
- 2+ years of experience in systems engineering and / or related discipline.
- Knowledge of systems engineering roles and functions. Familiar with requirements management, functional analysis, configuration management processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated self-starter – proactive in determining goals and objectives and pursuing the necessary course of action.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to come up to speed on technical and management efforts currently underway.
- Ability to facilitate concurrence among personnel, groups, or organizations.
- Able to successfully work with a multi-disciplinary project/team.
- Experience in mission management or command & control domains.
- Knowledge of AOC WS and Production Center practices and release processes.
- Experience with Jira or like tool.
- Familiar with working in a Scrum.
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks while managing a engineering assignments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the full product life-cycle and related configuration management processes and application.
- Familiar with Agile Framework.
- Earned Value Management certification a plus.
- Practical knowledge of related disciplines in integration, test engineering, quality engineering, configuration/data management.
- Familiar with developing Engineering Basis of Estimates (BOEs).
B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math or a Science, with 2 years of related work experienceOrMasters DegreeOr10 years relevant experience in lieu of a degree.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.