Would you like to work in a collaborative environment in Indianapolis? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
Our facility in Indianapolis, IN has many amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have amenities such as a fitness facility, cafeteria, learning center, and a fun space that includes foosball and pool tables. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, special event to include Popcorn Thursdays, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401K match; flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Raytheon Indianapolis.
If you have technical knowledge in systems engineering and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then Raytheon is worth the time to explore.
The Indianapolis Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) Department is seeking a systems engineering Section Manager committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective avionics system solutions. The Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) SEIT organization is accountable for all elements of the systems engineering lifecycle; CONOPS, requirements development, system design and architecture, system integration and test, system safety and reliability and maintainability.
The Section Manager position is responsible for leading a team of approximately 20+ Systems Engineers and work products through the systems engineering lifecycle. The Section Manager is expected to ensure work and work products assigned to their section are completed on time and on budget and continuously improve their ability to accomplish the assigned work. The Section Manager is also expected to participate in proposals, roadmap development and growth of the systems and section. The systems managed in this section may include development of hardware and software.
Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Level Security Clearance; an active Secret clearance a plus.
Responsibilities and scope include:
- Demonstrate that the section is effectively executing work to deliver on-budget, on-time, correct, high-quality, complete work products, utilizing IPDS-based Engineering work packages and productivity measures.
- Demonstrate the development of staff to meet the needs of the Indianapolis SEIT Department staffing, training, and development plans
- Demonstrate measurable execution and bidding productivity goals for every program on which the section has engineering content
- Direct line management activities for employees in the section, including performance management, career development and resource allocation
- Own and be accountable all systems engineering lifecycle artifacts and tasks for the programs supported by the section.
- Work closely with program managers to ensure customer satisfaction and business alignment.
- Interface with customers and users to build relationships and develop roadmaps and product ideas for meeting their needs.
- Rapidly respond to customer Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) to shape customer acquisition strategies
- Participation in proposal processes to develop and review cost estimates and proposals packages.
- Participate as a member of the Indianapolis SEIT Leadership Team, flowing communication between the program and engineering department
- Provide leadership to Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) with responsibility for the development of one or more systems engineering products. Is a member of the next higher tier team which develops product requirements, detailed program plans, statements of work (SOW), schedules, budgets, and Integrated Master Plans (IMP)/Integrated Master Schedules (IMS).
- Maintain a professional attitude, to serve as an example to the team, with team members, internal and external customers.
- Work closely with the Indianapolis SEIT Department Manager in support of company goals and objectives.
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience
- Very strong organizational and team development skills
- Strong leadership skills and communication skills
- Proven ability to lead an engineering team through the system engineering lifecycle (SRR/PDR/CDR and final sell-off)
- Demonstrated knowledge of other related disciplines (e.g. Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Configuration Management, Mission Assurance)
- Experience briefing effectively to all levels of the organization, from peers to senior management
- Experience in Agile development
- Experience with Office, Project, Visio, Windows, DOORS (Requirement Management)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience managing staff (hiring, tasking, feedback, and/or discipline)
- Experience in capture management: creating/reviewing RFPs, SOWs, BOEs, tech volumes, proposals
- Experience ensuring program progress via formal risk & opportunity management
- Experience in DevOps culture and practice
- Experience in Model Based Engineering
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Mathematics (Preferred Majors: Systems, Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical) and 10+ years of relevant experience - or
- Master’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Mathematics (Preferred Majors: Systems, Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical) and 8+ years of relevant experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.