Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) provides cybersecurity SME support to information Technology (IT) and system security issues affecting the customer mission by implementing security practices, policies and technologies. The ISSO is responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for an information system and as such, works in close collaboration with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) and Information System Owner (ISO). The ISSO also provides SME support to security validation site visits and augment IG for inspection of Agency unit's and organizations performing SAP missions.
Duties may include: (may be modified with concurrence of the Contracting Officer and contractor Program Manager)
• Support Risk Managed Framework (RMF) processes under SAP and SCI regulatory guidance.
• Maintain operational security posture for a program or information system.
• Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support assessment and authorizations.
• Create, update and maintain procedures for secure operation of IT assets.
• Conduct evaluation and analysis of software intended for usage on secure IT assets.
• Conduct auditing of secure IT assets; Investigate and report on classified messaging incidents.
• Prepare and review documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports (RARs), Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), and Security Control Traceability Matrices (SCTMs), and Configuration Management.
• Ensure security policies, standards, and procedures are enforced.
• Responsible for classification management, system classified document control, and classified media control; Clearing, purging, declassifying, and releasing system memory, media, and output.
• Evaluate information security systems and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
• Familiarity with network and information system security principles and test practices
• Previous experience controlling, labeling, virus scanning, and appropriately transferring data (upload/download) between information systems at varying classification levels
• Must have an in-depth understanding of DISA STIGS, SSR and NSA implementation guides.
• Able to articulate information system security related issues to program management, utilizing proven communication skills, both oral and written.
• Maintains security certifications and skill set required under the JSIG and AF Intelligence Community Guidance
• Understanding and experience implementing guidance complaint with DoDM 5205.07 Vols 1-4 and DoDM 5105.21 Vols 1-3.
• Demonstrate understanding of DoDDs and DoDMs; ICDs; JSIG and the RMG; CNSS policies; AF SAPNP; AFIs
• Familiarity with applicable DoD and AF policies, procedures and operating instructions related to information technology, cybersecurity and information management.
• Build rapport with military, civilian, and contractors at all levels
• Requires travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
• 5+ years providing security support in SCI & SAP environments; recent experience within the last 3 years
• Minimum 5 years experience supporting a multi-level classified environment consisting of SCI and SAP activities
• Bachelors degree in a related area or equivalent experience (4 years) or 5 - 7 years related cyberse
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.