Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
District of Columbia
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Chief Data Scientist/ Chief of Analytics to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Applies technical and analytical expertise to explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of discovering patterns and previously hidden insights, which in turn can provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing business problem. Demonstrates expertise in computer science, software development, and the latest technologies to design and implement analysis infrastructure and tools, analytic workflow processes, and complex data visualizations.
• Communicates directly with senior Navy leadership regarding insights, management reports, and analysis for decision-making
• Translates business needs into analytics/reporting requirements to support executive decisions and workflows with required information.
• Coordinates with process owners and decision makers to understand their information needs and identify ways to visualize and present information in a user-friendly manner.
• Employs artificial intelligence, machine learning and statistical methods to prepare data for use in predictive and prescriptive modeling
• Works closely with information managers, architects, source system specialists, business process owners and data analysts for knowledge sharing, mentoring, and training
• Master's degree and 5 years overall experience with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a Chief Data Scientist, Chief of Analytics, and/or Chief Data/Analytics Officer
• Secret Clearance
• Per DODM 5200.02 , as an IT-1 position, requires ability to receive a favorable adjudication of SSBI or SSBI-PR
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex issues and provide concise analysis
• Ability to work within small groups and brief findings to senior personnel
• Excellent command of oral and written English language
• Ability to write complex reports in a clear and precise fashion
• Ability to assess potential data sources (internal and external), design a plan to integrate, centralize, and maintain them to ensure users have access to critical information in the right place, at the right time
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.