***Great opportunity for current graduate students or recent graduates of a graduate program. If you are not a current student or a recent graduate, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***
The Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) Protected Communications Systems Hardware Department is seeking a Mechanical Engineer I in our Marlborough, MA location. The Protected Communications Systems Hardware Department leads the mechanical and electrical hardware design, documentation, development and production of DoD and Government Communications Systems.
This is an entry level mechanical engineering position in the PCS Hardware Department. The candidate will support the hardware engineering team in the design and development of land, sea and airborne based equipment for DoD and Government Communications Systems. The team develops and integrates electronic equipment on both mobile and stationary platforms. They perform research, design/development, analysis (static/dynamic structural, thermal), 3D modelling and transition to production. The tasks include involvement with mechanical concepts, detail design, hardware selection, documentation and testing.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
• Experience with mechanical design CAD tools
• Some experience using Microsoft Office Products
• Eligibility/Ability to obtain a security clearance
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
• This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
• Self-motivated and be able to work in a team environment
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with PTC CREO CAD tool
• Technical experience through prior internships
• Some prior leadership experience
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
Required Education (including major): Must have a MS with a major in Mechanical Engineering by Summer 2020 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.