Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) is seeking a Program Engineer (PE) to join our team in support of the U.S. Air Force North American Aerospace Defense command (NORAD) Cheyenne Mountain Complex Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (NCMC-ITW/AA) and Space Support contract (NISSC) contract. NISSC provides accurate, timely, and unambiguous warning and attack assessments of Air, Missile, and Space threats with daily visibility of National Command Authority leaders including the President of the United States. NCMC-ITW/AA is composed of Air, Missile, and Space Warning Missions located at Cheyenne Mountain AFS (CMAFS), Peterson AFB, Offutt AFB, Vandenberg AFB, and forward user and sensor sites worldwide.
Key responsibilities include providing engineering leadership to teams comprised of systems, hardware, software, logistics and other engineering disciplines. The Program Engineer (PE) is responsible for the cost, schedule, and execution of all engineering tasks within their assigned program. The PE is the Engineering point of contact for the Program Manager as well as the point of contact for all program functional staff. The PE performs in the following areas:
- Responsible for overall Engineering execution within the program, having decision authority over all Engineering activities
- Conduct Engineering Bid Reviews (EBRs) and Engineering Program Reviews (EPRs) at authorized levels
- Support Program Management Reviews (PMRs) for all Engineering matters
- Manage overall budget and schedule for program Engineering tasks. Works closely with the functional discipline organizations to review program execution on a periodic basis to ensure schedule and cost are being met.
- Develop and approve executable Estimates at Completion (EAC) for the program in collaboration with the responsible Engineering Cost Account Managers.
- Ensure staffing forecasts are accurate and up to date, and work with Engineering discipline organizations to ensure appropriate staffing is assigned – local, distributed and/or suppliers.
- Provide oversight and review all program metrics for engineering. Ensure application of Technical Performance Measures (TPMs) across the program as a means for measuring technical progress and assessing risk.
- Oversee and manage the Risks and Opportunities execution across the program. Leverage the enterprise to reduce key risks and realize opportunities.
- Ensure effective Engineering management of suppliers – including SOWs, requirements specs, and process compliance.
- Identify and exploit synergies across programs and across the Enterprise.
- Provide accurate and timely status reports to the Program and Engineering organizations
- Execute processes and procedures across the programs that ensure consistency within the organization. Ensure process compliance, including appropriate process tailoring.
- Responsible to assure scope is managed on program assigned.
- Responsible to prepare and review non-competitive and competitive proposals and basis of estimates (BOEs) on new and follow-on pursuits to help grow the business.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Requires at least 8 years of relevant engineering experience as a Leader on a multi-faceted program.
- Working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines with a strong focus on Systems, Software, Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) and Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
- Significant experience working with suppliers in technical and/or programmatic oversight role.
- Experience in all phases of development program lifecycle.
- Significant experience in Risk and Opportunity management.
- Experience in proposal and BOE development
- Must have at minimum a Secret Clearance
Education (including Major):B.S./B.A. in one of the followingAerospace Engineering, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math. Preference for a Master’s degree
- Experience with emerging SW methodologies, including agile methods and the incorporation of tools and principles (i.e. continuous integration) to reduce defects, increase software productivity, and improve maintainability
- Risk and Opportunity Certification
- Experience leading geographically dispersed teams
- PMP Certification
- R6 Sigma Specialist Qualified
- Experience as a Technical Subcontracts Manager(TSM) or Program Subcontracts Manager (PSM)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.