An opportunity currently exists for a test technician to join our fast paced microelectronics technology development organization as a Technical Support Engineer I. The Microelectronics Engineering and Technology (MET) department designs and manufactures compound semiconductor devices, millimeter/microwave integrated circuits (MMICs) and modules for defense and commercial applications and is a part of Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems.
In this position, the chosen candidate will be responsible for supporting Raytheon cell leads, design engineers, and project leads by performing the measurement and characterization of next generation microwave and millimeter wave semiconductor devices and circuits in GaN, GaAs and Silicon technologies. He or she will be responsible for ensuring conformance to provided test plans and assembly diagrams and will work to support the successful test of RF devices, circuits and modules as needed. An understanding of basic RF measurements and device characterization calibration techniques is strongly desired.
This position can be an engineer support position G06 or G07 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements.
In this role, the successful candidate is expected to have the following attributes:
Responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
- Knowledge: Has basic understanding of test and characterization measurement techniques.
- Problem Solving: Works independently to solve routine problems or issues as they arise using established policies and procedures. Works with team to identify and solve more complex problems
- Discretion: Works with direct supervisor, cell leads, lab manager, and customers to successfully complete requested measurements
- Impact: Supports MMIC designers, Module designers, and research & development teams to perform measurements to characterize and understand emerging and existing technologies
- Liaison: Serves as a test resource for measurements in the lab environments.
- Verify test setups are calibrated and are in working order.
- Perform test of new circuits and devices.
- Ensure equipment is calibrated and operating properly.
- Support Design Engineers in testing devices, circuits and modules as needed.
- Analyze data to verify accuracy.
- Support Reliability and Modeling with DC and RF measurements.
- Test classified circuits.
- 18 months of Professional experience with demonstrated understanding of semiconductor devices and / or characterization techniques and equipment whether through coursework or hands-on lab experience
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Experience with microwave and Millimeter wave test equipment such as Network analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Noise figure Analyzers, Maury Load-pull systems, RF sources, probe stations, and meters.
- Test experience with various DC and RF measurements. DC may include static & pulsed I-V, break down, and RS/RD. RF measurements may include CW & pulsed bias S-Parameters, load/source-pull, CW and Pulsed Power, and noise figure
- Excellent communication, documentation, and teamwork skills
- Ability to troubleshoot a variety of test systems
- 2+ years of hands on experience plus Associates Degree in a STEM major or 6+ years of related experience in lieu of Associates Degree to be eligible for the G07
Keywords: RF, DC, test, technician, GaN, GaAs, semiconductor devices, measurements, characterizationThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Associates degree in STEM related major or 4+ years of related work experience in lieu of the Associates degree (2 years of related work experience equals 1 year of college)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.