Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is seeking an experienced Principal Software Developer and cross-functional team member who will work diligently alongside other technical team members supporting the DoD and performing software development in Orlando, FL performing design, development, implementation, and documentation of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) systems, software, research efforts, and related processes including training systems interoperability. The contractor shall identify research requirements and methods to improve current systems and processes.
- Prepare reports describing status of software under development
- Solve problems that arise during the development or modification of simulation related real-time computational systems.
- Analyze requirements and prepare a software design approach for proposed projects
- Provide alternative design approaches with tradeoff analyses and risk assessments.
- Develop cost and lead-time estimates for the software to be developed
- Prepare budgets and plans for purchase and maintenance of software to be developed
- Conduct analyses to ensure that software designs are cost effective and satisfy requirements
- Develop engineering specifications detailing design, expected performance, testing, and provisions for software acceptance
- Review software design and conduct code reviews
- Monitor and adhere to the software configuration management processes
- Identify problems encountered in software development and provide recommendations that resolve these problems
- Develop test plans and provide support in performing examinations and acceptance testing
- Actively maintain and enhance job related knowledge and skills in M&S, software development techniques, state-of-the-art computer architectures, emerging technologies, and other software development areas
- Apply decision analysis techniques to ensure that the engineering approach is cost effective and satisfies the objectives
- Monitor and assess software development status and provide support in resolving related programmatic issues
- REQUIRED - B.S. in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent engineering degree.
- DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- Seven (7) years of programming experience in software development associated with modeling and simulation within the training and training systems domains
- Seven (7) years of experience with software development processes and diagnostic tools
- Seven (7) years of experience developing software hosted in an SELinux environment
- Seven (7) years of experience developing software utilizing Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) and High Level Architecture (HLA) standards
- Seven (7) years of experience with software engineering functions such as, requirement analysis and definition, configuration management, quality assurance, unit and system level testing, reliability and maintainability, cost estimating, risk analysis/assessment, and human factors
- Seven (7) years of experience utilizing current and emerging software development methodologies, processes, and life-cycle models, (e.g. CMM, CMMI, IEEE-12207, Waterfall, and Spiral)
- Seven (7) years of experience defining, implementing, collecting, and analyzing software related metrics
- Must possess DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
- Must possess DoD 8570 computing environment certification within 6 months of start
A current SSBI, Federal Investigative Standard Tier 5 (T5) or Tier 5 Reinvestigation (T5R) within the last six years. Must have SCI eligibility.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.