|Software Engineer |
Colorado Springs, CO
- Software development in the Java language for User Interface (UI).
- Provides specialized expertise within multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of related disciplines, applications implications, and customer areas.
- Responsible for performing in-depth analysis and technical support of systems software products, including complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support.
- Maintains currency, debugs and configures related software products.
- Works from specifications to develop or modify operating systems applications. Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs.
- Interfaces with other system support groups to resolve problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the operating system.
- Designs, codes, tests and implements tools for operations automation.
- Works on most phases of software systems programming applications, and may require instruction and guidance in other phases. Tasks required for the assigned sensor interface are completed when required.
- Bachelor degree in software engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or related field from an accredited college with six years of experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to work independently and will possess the poise and flexibility required to work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Experience working in an agile development environment is highly desired. Experience doing automated testing for User Interface is also highly desired.
Technical Skill Required:
- Software engineering and software development with strong Java/J2EE/C++ experience.
- Experience and knowledge of basic software practices such as coding standards and configuration management.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming, designing User Interfaces and programming in Java
- Understanding of common design patterns (such as Model-View-Controller, Observer, Factory, Decorator, etc.)
- Familiarity with Java Swing, Eclipse, Maven, Gradle, Ant, Cucumber, Git, Clear Case, Jenkins, XText
- Experience with in the BMDS Domain
- Experience with Scrum-Agile based development, Automated Testing, Continuous Integration - Experience with NASA WorldWind
- Flexibility and willingness to take on unanticipated tasking is highly desirable.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.