Raytheon's Seapower Capabilities Systems (SCS) Business Area is seeking a highly motivated individual who is interested in joining the Program Planning & Scheduling Department in a position as a Sr. Technical Planner I. The candidate will work and partner with various functions, including the Program Management Office, Finance, Engineering and Contracts to ensure that the Zumwalt Test and Activation program is performed according to contractual parameters established by government customers.
Responsibilities will include weekly development, maintenance and analysis of the program’s Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) in MS Project as well as various program Master Phasing Schedule (top level schedule). This role will also support weekly lower level reporting of inchstones and metrics via MS Excel, MS Power Point and other Raytheon enterprise Planning tools, ensuring compliance of planning-related artifacts to customer requirements and internal best practices.
This position will be located in the San Diego area in National City, CA.
• 4+ years of professional experience in Program Planning & Scheduling
• Microsoft Project
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Visio)
• Experience with government and/or DoD and FMS contracts and programs.
-This position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a clearance.
• Experience in use of MS Project Server and Visual Basic.
• Experience in use of MS Excel, specifically in the ability to write macros and use Visual Basic and creating Pivot Tables.
• Experience tracking inchstone level tasks in MS Excel.
• Performing Critical Path analysis
• Experience assisting Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) in planning, scheduling and cost estimating tasks.
• Experience with engineering and product development work flows to include Agile/SCRUM and Critical Chain methodologies.
• Familiarity with any of the following: SAP database reporting (specifically the Achieving Process Excellence (APEX) tool), Material Resource Planning (MRP) tools used in factory production and operations settings.
• Knowledge of Risk and Opportunity Management.
• Six Sigma qualifications and/or training and experience.
• PMP Certification.
Required Education (including Major):
• BS/BA degree in Engineering or related STEM field of study with 4 years of experience or an MA/MS STEM related degree with 2 years of experience.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.