This position can be either an (G09) or (G10) role based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position
Raytheon Missile Systems Global Trade is looking for an experienced export control professional to support development and implementation of export /import systems and tools in a fast paced and exciting export/import environment. This position provides export / import expertise to information technology personnel on export/import regulations, policy, monitoring and controls to ensure compliance with internal, U.S. and foreign regulations in international business activities. Contributes to delivery and management of system and tool solutions in support of business processes necessary for submitting to and obtaining from the U.S. government and managing all necessary export and import authorizations, licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations. Contributes to learning and audit assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Analyze Policy / Policy Instructions, disclosures, regulatory changes, assessments and other feedback mechanisms for potential high level tool / system requirement changes
• Provide export / import expertise to information technology project team members (business analysts, developers, QA) working export / import system development, integration, testing and deployment
• Actively participate in Trade Studies of Industry Standard tools and products
• Participates in Enterprise-wide User Group(s) for collaboration of system and tool changes
• Creates, provides input into or influences tool solutions for the business
• User Test team participant; coordinate logistics for successful completion of all user involved testing events
• Review and approve Test Plans (e.g. Sprint Test, User Acceptance Test)
• Develop Communications and other methods for notifying impacted tool / system users
• Improve user experience in interaction with systems and tools
• Identify training needs related to GT Tools, support development of and provide training pertaining to export / import tools.
• Coordination with Tool / System sustainment lead
• Support monthly metrics charts for review by RMS GT leadership
• Participate in Enterprise MCOP meetings to support continuous improvement efforts to ensure alignment between metrics, reporting, & oversight with organizational goals and strategy
• Support monthly leadership reporting slides to be reported up through various channels: Corp GT PMRs, RMS GT MORs, RMS OGC Operation Reviews, etc.
• Support requests for BOBJ / Business Warehouse report requirements and maintenance
• Troubleshoot reported system issues and provide guidance.
• Review and rank system tickets for IT resolution.
• 6+ years of Export/Import experience (licenses, agreements, compliance, and transactional activities) and information technology or systems/software development experience
• Understanding of regulatory compliance requirements for foreign travel, foreign visits and export and import transactions
• Trade compliance record keeping in accordance with regulatory requirements
Independently with minimal supervision, manage and prioritize multiple tasks and lead intermediate projects and investigations in a team environment.
• Ability to lead to success teams of cross functional members to achieve broader buy in of automation solutions
• Able to identify potential failures or faults of systems and propose proactive solutions
• Problem solver, able to work under time sensitive circumstances, collaboratively or independently, and take initiative to address situations before issues arise
• Travel will be required
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
• Previous experience working in the defense industry
• Knowledge of preparation and submittal of authorization requests to the U.S. Government
• Previous or current experience as an Empowered Official
• Experience researching, interpreting and applying government regulations such as ITAR and EAR
• Experience in Jurisdiction and Classification Assessments
• Preferred knowledge of CBP and ATF
• Experience in with agile software development
• Experience in leading SW development teams
• Experience in use of key electronic tools such as RGEMS, ITCS, OCR (Licensing and JCA), and BOBJ
• Demonstrated ability to engage business leaders to drive cross-functional implementation of new procedural solutions and tools / system changes in a timely and efficient manner.
• Demonstrated business acumen
• Ability to work and influence in a heavily matrix environment
• Proactive, well organized temperament with ability to effectively manage volume and prioritize accordingly
• Self-motivated and results oriented with ability to prioritize and make independent decision.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills and the ability to learn quickly, work
• Able to manage priorities of multiple complex tasks
• Attention to detail and follow through on assignments to achieve desired results
• Able to present recommendations to solve business challenges
• Current DoD Secret Clearance
BS or BA degree in relevant field such as international business, business, law, engineering, computer science, information technology or other related area.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.