Are you a dynamic and experienced software engineer interested in an opportunity to work in the McKinney, Texas area?
Then join our Raytheon team and contribute to a new and exciting program that saves lives and enables the freedoms we enjoy. Every day at Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) our extraordinary engineers are empowered for excellence and inspired to invent in an inclusive environment where work-life balance is an elegant solution, not a slogan.
Our dynamic and diverse engineers develop demanding, trusted, superior solutions to make the world a safer place. We are looking for a proven and progressive leader to join our Software Engineering Center team in McKinney, Texas. Raytheon is looking for motivated software engineers to contribute to embedded systems development on our new High Energy Lasers technologies!
High Energy Lasers are an emerging technology in the defense sector and an exciting one at that. Watch the following video to see what you can be a part of:
High Energy Lasers is looking an embedded systems software engineer with experience in an Agile driven team. Our development focuses RT Linux and vxWorks operating systems using C++ and Ada respectively. You can expect a fast-paced work environment using the latest technologies!
SAS is a leading provider of integrated sensor, communication and electronic warfare systems giving military forces accurate and timely actionable information for the network-centric battlefield. You will continue your career working on cutting-edge technology for SAS by day, while in your free time you can explore the many cultural, entertainment and outdoor wonders that make Dallas metropolitan area so unique.
Raytheon offers robust reward and recognition programs in compensation, career development, health care, educational assistance, maternal and paternal leave, flexible work schedules, child/adult backup care, 401(k), paid holidays and paid time off. In addition, this position is eligible for relocation assistance.
You will work with Raytheon professionals around the country who thrive in a culture that celebrates the contributions of its employees. You will continue your career in a challenging and collaborative workplace, joining a team with a tradition of achievement through thought and teamwork.
- Participating in the full software lifecycle development (requirements analysis, design, implementation and unit testing, software integration and test, system level integration).
- Performing requirements analysis / definition to ensure system will meet all customer requirements.
- Integrating system parameters and software solutions into the real-time system and ensure the functionality of the requirement.
- Participating in code and other software artifacts reviews.
- Interacting with engineers from other disciplines, such as Systems and Electrical Engineering, to obtain pertinent information required to accomplish tasks.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience supporting and developing real-time embedded software.
- Experience with C/C++.
- Experience with Image Processing and implementation of complex algorithms.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to develop real-time embedded SW in a CMMI process driven environment.
- Experience using a Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS), e.g., Linux, VxWorks, Green Hills (GH) Integrity.
- Applicants must have the ability to manage their own workload and have strong decision analysis skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple unrelated tasks in an organized manner.
- Ability to work occasional overtime to support critical program events.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and oral form, and must be able to team well with others. This includes demonstrated effective communication with internal and external customers.
- Willing to travel < 10% of the time to support flight tests and off-site integration activities.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance is required.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Required Education:Minimum B.S. degree from an accredited university, Major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.Desired Education:M.S. degree from an accredited university, Major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related disciplineThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Software experience programming in Ada.
- Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies.
- Working knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows, VxWorks or other Real time operating systems.
- Current working experience with Object Oriented (OO) design and Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Working knowledge of Telelogic DOORS, GIT, JIRA, and/or Rational Team Concert (RTC).
- Working experience with Intel or similar processor, hardware interfaces, and space/airborne sensor systems.
- Working experience with hardware interfaces and communications within a multi-processor system.
- Experience with design, code, integration, and test of large systems.
- A current Secret clearance.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.