Key Pursuits Lead, GSCM
The Raytheon Missile Systems Global Supply Chain Management Strategic Sourcing Organization is looking for a Key Pursuits Lead who will be responsible for identifying, developing, and executing material strategies for programs that are identified as Key Pursuits for RMS. The Key Pursuits Lead will be responsible for understanding new business capture strategy and support material strategy development and implementing specific pursuit strategies within a dynamic and faced paced environment.
This candidate must be able to indirectly lead and influence a group of cross functional high performing team members through the development, implementation, and successful execution of winning capture strategies. Included could be strategies for teaming agreements, competitive opportunities, congressional support and solution (technical, cost and schedule) development.
The Key Pursuits Lead is responsible for maintaining ongoing communication with Global Supply Chain and Program Leadership to report status and facilitate sound business decisions. This individual will be responsible for all material related activities to the assigned pursuit through contract award. This position requires a high level of engagement with close partnerships across a matrixed organization. The successful candidate is able to influence, motivate and drive results in high-pressure situations and must demonstrate agile decision making, strategic thinking and ability to drive a team to results.
Success in this position demands the creation of strong and trusted relationships among many internal and external customers as well as suppliers.
Job duties will include but are not limited to:
- Communicating program and material capture strategy to the Global Supply Chain leadership team and ensures it is implemented effectively.
- Understands every aspect of the business opportunity including the material scope, how many GSCM resources will be needed, the impact on schedules, competitive pricing and/or budget concerns.
- Works cross-functionally to ensure that compelling material volumes are included in our proposals and are submitted to the customer.
- Is available to answer material related questions in the proposal and is involved in every phase.
- Leads ongoing GSCM meetings with leadership to ensure identified strategies are moving forward to meet due dates.
- Supports Supply Chain proposal activities to capture key programs.
- Support the allocation of resources as needed and prioritize effectively in limited time frames; work across and throughout leadership channels to ensure appropriate multi-functional engagement to achieve needed objectives/milestones
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelor s degree in business administration/management or a related engineering discipline
- Minimum 10+ years of experience related to program management in the defense industry and/or government
- Demonstrated ablity to influence without formal authority
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions in stressful business situations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within high performance team; a highly motivated self-starter
- Demonstrated experience leading or as an active contributor through Gate 3/Gate 4 Process
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be available to travel as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective supplier contacts and maintain strong relationships
- Proposal writing experience or evaluation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Working knowledge of the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution System
- Master’s degree in business administration, engineering, or related field
- Familiarity with Raytheon businesses, policies, and practices
- Knowledge of Raytheon organization, capabilities and programs
- Experience working with complex acquisition processes
- Demonstrated success focusing on the needs of customers and delivering on those needs
- Demonstrated experience articulating customer positions, status, and strategies to senior management
- Experience leading or as an active participant in both Competitive and Sole Source Procurements with DoD Customer
- Proven ability to develop and maintain long term business relationships with customers and suppliers
- Agile decision making, valuing diversity of thought and making sound decisions and applying sound judgment
- A current secret security clearance or ability to obtain one
- Customer Request for Proposal (RFP). In collaboration with others, this Senior Manager will develop and refine standard tools and processes while establishing priorities for proposal production and ensures adherence to deadlines and submittal dates.
US Citizenship required
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.