These positions are for Software Digital Signal Processing Engineers within the Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems, Electrical Design Directorate, Receiver Exciter and Signal Processing Department. The Receiver, Exciter and Signal Processing Department designs, developer, and integrates a number of different products and technologies relative to radar systems. The Signal Process Technology group within the Receiver, Exciter, and Signal Processing Department focus on state-of-the-art processing technologies and distributed high performance computing architectures that are used to build next-generation Radar Signal Processing applications.
Responsibilities include working within Linux, Unix and Real Time Operating System developing C/C++ implementation of signal processing algorithms and time critical control functions involved in and direct control of sensor systems. This position will also include working closely with Software Architects and Principal Systems, Hardware, and Software engineers to interpret requirements and correctly implement these requirements in software.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- 10+ years or relevant experience
- Multithreaded application development experience that includes testing and debugging in C++/C on Linux or Unix environments
- Ability to translate system performance and operation specifications into software requirements, design, and test specifications
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Working understanding of parallelism and concurrency as applied to algorithm implementation on shared memory and distributed systems
- Direct experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms in C++ meeting latency and throughput performance requirements or experience in implementing complex control operations in software with defined performance timelines
Required Education (including Major):Bachelor's degree in an engineering or scientific discipline. Advance degree desirable.Keywords: signal processing, algorithms, C++, Linux, Unix, software requirements, design, test specifications, Receiver, Exciter, EDDAt Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more. What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at
- Experience in developing and optimizing algorithms for performance.
- Experience in multithreaded, multiprocessor software development using pthreads, OpenMP, or MPI programming models on clustered deployments
- Experience developing applications for GPGPU and/or Intel Xeon Phi processors
- Familiar with software configuration management and development process control (i.e. CMMI)
- Experience in using version control tools such as ClearCase
- Continuous integration and test experience in a hardware/software laboratory environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- High degree of creativity and ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.