Sr. Systems Engineer, Colorado Springs CO.
System Engineer DTS Architect
As member of the Integration & Test (I&T) Functional Area of the Missile Defense National Team for Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications System Architect/Engineer within the Systems Engineering Functional Area working design and development of operational system capabilities for the C2BMC system in the Ballistic Missile Defense System. More specifically, this opportunity is to act as the architect for the Distributed Training System team. Within this role, the architect will support the modeling and artifact creation for the C2BMC DTS Team (ICDs, Design Changes, new BMDS requirements, etc.). Based on an understanding of the design and results of comparisons (Trade Studies), use related systems engineering tools and documents to analyze, understand, and propose changes to systems architecture models, systems engineering analyses, user CONOPS & system OPSCONs, and system and interface requirements specs in support of the C2BMC program.
Technical Skill Required:
- Experience applying system engineering and architecture principles to system design and development
- Familiarity with the application and use of systems engineering tools for requirements management (e.g. DOORS and Enterprise Architect) is a plus
- Experience working in an integrated team environment with other systems, software and specialty engineers to develop solutions using engineering processes and methods.
- Communicating the desired capabilities to a diverse group of developers, engineers, subject matter experts, and users.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts and how to architect a geographically distributed system utilizing communication networks while maintaining a secure posture
- Firsthand knowledge of the models used in the missile defense arena including: OSM, MDST, DESim, EADSim, & SSF would be highly desirable bur not required
- Ability to analyze high level needs and systems concepts and represent them in engineering architectural models
- Experience with BMDS systems (e.g. GMD, Aegis, Patriot, GCCS, STARS, PDS-M, THAAD) is desirable
- Familiarity with the C2BMC system and the missile defense domain or any other Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) systems is also desirable.
- Identification and definition of desired capabilities, system-of-systems definition, integration practices and methods, understanding and appreciation of information assurance, maintenance, operation, and logistics concerns, and their application to the requirements, design, and development phases. Any experience with MDNT program processes and work products is a plus but not required.
- Analysis tools (e.g., S-Plus, Perl scripting, MATLAB)
- Experience in software development (e.g., C++/C# or visual studio) or the development and use of software test and analysis tools
- Web development, process improvement, and/or causal analysis experience.
- Technical BA/BS (Engineering, Computer Science, Math) plus 6 years technical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimal travel required
- Clearance Requirement: Active/Current Secret Clearance
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.