Posting of export controlled "technical data" is strictly prohibited. Please enter a quick description of your job that will be previewed on the Talent Gateway-Delete this statement.
Are you passionate about protecting the national security of our nation? Are you looking for an enriching experience to build your career and brand? If you’re seeking a challenging career in Government Security supporting a variety of National Security initiatives and programs, a position with Raytheon BBN Technologies is the place for you.
Who We Are
Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit. Raytheon BBN’s Government Security team is responsible for vigilantly protecting U.S. Government Classified information for Raytheon BBN and its customers. The team is responsible for a strategic risk management program that adapts to ever-changing environments, risks, and vulnerabilities. Areas of focus includes Cybersecurity, Industrial Security, Special Program Security, Personnel Security, Physical Security, and Technical Security.
Our Industrial Security team is seeking a Senior Industrial Security Specialist-Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO), working in support of Special Programs. At Raytheon BBN Technologies, you will receive a unique experience in support of National Security initiatives and programs. The candidate will help develop, administer, and maintain comprehensive security programs in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. This position routinely interfaces with all levels of management and various government customers. The challenges are difficult but the rewards will be incalculable. Our team of Government Security professionals will give you the tools to prosper and grow in your Industrial Security career.
What you will do
• Implement and ensure compliance with the DoD Manual 5205.07 Volumes 1-4, 5220.22-M NISPOM, Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), and related Industrial Security Guidance Manuals or Special Program Security directives
• Participate in annual Government Inspections with various customers
• Develop security policies and procedures specific to program requirements such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and addendums, Operation Security (OPSEC) Plans, Risk Management Framework (RMF) etc.
• Create, update and administer security indoctrinations, refresher briefings, and debriefings
• Effectively manage all phases of COMSEC operations and account for all COMSEC documents, equipment and cryptographic key
• Receipt, custody, issue, safeguarding and accounting of COMSEC keying material and Controlled Cryptographic Items (CCI) IAW NSA Manual 3-16, for a large COMSEC account supporting multiple contracts.
What you will gain
• Opportunity to participate in all phases of program lifecycles with the Technical staff, Contracts, Information Assurance, and Finance
• Work with a world class organization that embraces innovation and challenges the status quo
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Confidence to perform daily tasks with long term strategic thinking and near-term practical execution
What you need
• U.S. Citizenship status is required to receive and maintain active Top Secret U.S Security Clearance
• 4+ year’s experience in Industrial Security
• Previously appointed CPSO/ACPSO
• Prior COMSEC custodian experience
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
• This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME:
• Active TS/SCI with polygraph
• Introduction to Special Access Programs CDSE Certification
• Prior experience with collateral Industrial Security and Defense Security Service (DSS)
• Knowledge of personnel security databases to include JPAS, JADE, and SIMS
For more than 70 years, scientists and engineers in diverse disciplines at Raytheon BBN Technologies have collaborated to solve real-world problems through research, exploration, development and prototyping. We partner with the best technical talent in academia and industry to challenge the status quo, pioneer new technologies, and create transformative solutions.
Our culture enables all employees to find purpose, thrive, and succeed. By creating an environment where all opinions are valued, risk taking is encouraged, and excellence is rewarded, we allow our employees to do their best, most important work.
We offer industry-leading benefits including 100% paid tuition program, a generous 5% 401k company match, a 5% Retirement Contribution, performance based incentive plans, an onsite gym and game room , paid parental leave, paid time off and all kinds of employee discounts. Our Cambridge office also has *FREE*on-site parking with generous availability for all employees, to include electric car charging stations. We are also located in close proximity to Alewife train station, with a commuter shuttle bus service.
How you’ll grow:
Raytheon BBN Technologies encourages leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you tackle opportunities, and helping you recognize and sharpen your distinctive strengths. We encourage you to learn and grow by providing development opportunities within a unique and challenging Science & Technology organization. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore your potential. We look forward to learning from you as well.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 149919BR 149919
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.