Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide warfighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The Systems Engineering, Tactical Radar Systems Department provides comprehensive Systems Engineering leadership and execution for the Secure Sensor Solutions (SSS) Mission Area.
The Systems Engineering, Integration & Test (SEIT) Airborne Early Warning & Reconnaissance Systems (AEWRS) Department requires an experienced Administrative Specialist. This position requires that the candidate possess initiative, the ability to exercise independent judgment in a high-energy, dynamic environment, while anticipating problem areas and providing solutions. The successful candidate must be a self-starter with high attention to detail, successfully demonstrating the ability to execute tasks with limited supervision while using appropriate discretion to handle information of a sensitive and confidential nature.
This position reports directly to the AEWRS Department Manager and will function as a contributing member of the AEWRS Systems leadership team (LT). This position will provide administrative support to multiple leadership team members as well as members of the organization comprised of over 245 engineers.
Additional responsibilities include:
- High proficiency in the use of personal computers and IT automation methods
- Generate charts, tables, presentations, memoranda, reports, correspondence and other materials with speed and accuracy
- Coordinate materials prior to meetings and, when appropriate, ensure pre-briefs are set up prior to meeting
- Support generation, distribution and analysis of reports related to overhead budgets, staffing, and organizational metrics
- Coordinate travel arrangements and prepare expense reports for members of the LT
- Manage and maintain calendars for members of the LT
- Scheduling meetings, conferences and events
- Coordinate monthly and weekly business highlight reports
- Support hiring initiatives by contacting candidates, coordinating interviews; working with the facilities representative to find and prepare work space for new hires; preparing onboarding materials for new hires and working with contracting companies to bring in new talent
- Establish detailed knowledge of Raytheon, SAS, and Engineering Leadership Team members and organizational structure; center locations and various engineering positions
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships and communication channels with other administrative support staff
- Proactively identify ways to enable greater productivity and efficiency in role
- 6 years of professional administrative experience supporting leaders in a large organization
- Demonstrated working experience with: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word; SharePoint; Expense Reporting Systems; Internet search engines and map/direction utilities
- Experience with calendar management, meeting scheduling and coordination, planning events, expense reports, and data reports
- Ability to transform ideas and concepts via verbal instruction into an email, report or other business correspondence
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
- Working in large matrixed organizations
- Handle confidential and non-routine information
- Experience interacting with senior levels of leadership effectively
- Knowledge with policies and procedures (Business Travel, Business Courtesies, etc.) for large corporations
- Ability to synthesize data into information
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Prior experience in supporting a Defense, Aerospace, or Intelligence Community Business Area
- Communication skills, both oral and written (i.e., grammar, spelling, punctuation)
High School Diploma required
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.