This position will support an enterprise Information Technology O&M program filling a position in VAFB, CA.
The Information Technology Specialist will install, test, and repair telecommunication and information technology hardware, software, and circuits to include, LAN switches and routers and IP transport. The Information Technology Specialist will review and recommend improvements to operation, maintenance, and inspection procedures and techniques. The Information Technology Specialist will analyze, troubleshoot and repair equipment and circuit failures. The Information Technology Specialist may assist problem management network engineers perform root cause analysis of chronic or persistent incidents, and recommend/implement corrective solutions. The Information Technology Specialist will interact with users resolving problems; Applicant could be asked to provide specialized application training and is required to have basic computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office suite.
Basic Qualifications - Required Skills, Experience:
• Minimum 8 years’ experience installing and configuring IP based routers and switches
• Knowledge of VLANs and routing protocols
• Must have current Security+ certification and become 8570 IAT Level II within 6 months of start date if not already compliant
• Must have a current and active TS/SCI Security Clearance
• Interpersonal communication skills – verbal and written
• Ability to multitask in a stressful environment
• Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs
Current TS/SCI Security Clearance
• Experience with network transport to include SONET
• Experience with Cisco, Brocade and Juniper network equipment
Education Required (including major):
High School or Equivalent
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.