IT Network Engineer – Principal or Senior Level
Computer Network Technologist
Raytheon IDS IT Program Execution Team
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Join this high impact team as a Principal or Sr. Network Engineer to ensure the smooth operation of classified network infrastructure at our Raytheon IDS locations. The installation, maintenance, support and monitoring of the network infrastructure will be performed. Candidate must have a solid background supporting networks.
This position is located in Tewksbury, MA. This position will be filled at salary grade G09 or G10 depending upon candidates experience and qualifications.
Capped budget relocation support will be available for the selected applicant if they are eligible per company policy. Amount to be discussed at the appropriate stage in the process.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance as of day one of employment. Except in rare cases, only US Citizens are eligible to obtain US Security Clearances. Please note that the position will require a US Top Secret Clearance eventually to allow access to all classified work areas.
Other responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Required Skills:6+ years of IT networking experience including many of the following:
- Upgrade existing network hardware and software, such as switches, routers, firewalls and encryption devices
- Maintain and monitor network performance and manage infrastructure to assure high level of capability and effectiveness.
- Day to day maintenance of network hardware, VLAN configuration, port channels, etc.
- Work with program engineers to help resolve networking problems in tactical environments.
- Propose solutions to management to ensure all network requirements are met based on future needs and propose innovative and cost saving solutions where appropriate
- Integrate and partner with customer to assist in deriving solutions to complex network infrastructure problems.
- Respond to user requests via online service request tracking system.
- Ensure Information Assurance compliance for Network hardware and software.
- Assist in the overall performance and capability of technical team through mentoring and knowledge sharing.
- Domestic or international travel may be required
HIGHLY DESIRED Skills/certifications:
- Solid working experience with Cisco and Brocade networking products and software
- Experience with TCP/IP Networking Fundamentals.
- Prior experience with network troubleshooting tools, Wireshark, snoop, TCPDump, etc.
- Experience with network encryption devices
- Security+ certification or willingness to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Must possess an Active US DoD Secret Security Clearance as of Day one of employment except in rare cases, only US Citizens are eligible to obtain a DoD Security Clearance.
- CCNA Security, a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco ASA firewalls and/or Firepower NGFW platform.
- Any Risk Management Framework (RMF) experience highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following; PKI, IAVA, STIGs, DCID 6/3, ACAS
- Working knowledge of Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 2K3 Server, Windows 2K8 server.
- Working knowledge of LINUX / UNIX operating systems
- Network and Security certifications, CISSP certification highly desired
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Familiarity with Classified Computing and Information Assurance best practices
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong teaming skills
- An active US Dept. of Defense Top Secret Clearance is highly desired.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or
- Significant directly applicable experience in network engineering field will be considered in lieu of college degree at the Hiring manager’s discretion.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.