Sr Information Technology Systems Administrator I or II
Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems - Andover / Tewksbury, MA area.
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Our IT organization ensures that Raytheon teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support Raytheon’s IT infrastructures around the world.
System Administrators collaborate with a diverse team to support fast-paced, critical programs with classified information system capabilities. Success in this role means you are able to develop, implement and maintain secure, cost-efficient environments across various classified programs. Program teams rely on your collaboration and guidance to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions to solve complex IT infrastructure problems.
Position can be filled at either a G08 or G09 level commensurate on experience and qualifications.
This is a great opportunity for IT Systems Administration experts with Defense industry experience. Rapid growth in our latest and most innovative International Radar/Air Defense Programs require additional IT talent to provide their expertise in developing and maintaining our onsite classified computing operating systems for our customer.
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
- Collaborate with partners to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions consisting of hardware and operating system technologies
- Integrate and partner with programs to solve complex infrastructure problems
- Assure a high level of reliability and performance through systems monitoring and infrastructure management
- Respond to online service requests from users
- Ensure server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (DFARS, RMF, NIST Cybersecurity Framework)
- Install, Convert, and upgrade systems
- Develop, revise, and maintain technical and operational documentation (including procedures) to continually improve our computing environments
- Maintain and grow your technical competence in multiple areas (such as Windows, Linux, virtualization, User Authentication, DNS, NFS, system imaging/build automation)
- Assist in developing the overall performance and capability of your technical team through mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Potential for domestic or international travel
Please note that an active U.S. Dept. of Defense (DoD) Secret Security Clearance is required as of day one of employment, except in rare cases, only US Citizens are eligible to obtain Security Clearances.
Capped Budget relocation is available to the selected applicant if they are eligible per company policy - the amount will be discussed at the appropriate stage of the hiring process.
- Experience working with Windows operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 2013 - 2016 Server
- 4 years minimum total professional experience as an IT professional.
- Experience with Active Directory and group policy management.
- Experience with data storage (NetApp preferred) and data backup technologies
- Must possess US DoD Secret Clearance
- Security+ certification or willingness to obtain within 1 year of employment.
- Active US Dept of Defense Secret Security Clearance is required, except in rare cases, only US Citizens are eligible to obtain US Security Clearances.
- Working knowledge of other operating systems (e.g. Solaris, Linux)
- Working knowledge of virtual computing technologies
- Working knowledge of thin client technologies
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of operating system provisioning – Cobbler, Ghost, MS MDT
- Working knowledge of system update management – WSUS, SCCM, Chef, Puppet
- Working knowledge of computer system monitoring – Nagios, Retina, etc.
- Working knowledge of compliance assessment tools – ACAS, Nessus
- Working knowledge of unified OS account management technologies – Centrify
- Good understanding of fundamental TCP/IP concepts
- Scripting / programming experience
- Strong understanding of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- CISSP Certification
- Active US DoD Secret Clearance
- BS/BA Science Degree in Computer Science or a related field; OR Significant directly applicable Engineering, Computer or Information Science applicable professional experience in lieu of a BS will be considered at the hiring manager's discretion.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security. 149895BR 149895
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.