Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) Field Engineer is seeking a Level 2 Manufacturing Engineer (ME)/Process Control Engineer (PCE) to support the Trident Integrated Support Facility (ISF) program, based out of Pittsfield, MA. The ME/PCE will work within the Repair Operations Team and participate in the day to day activities of a depot level repair facility. Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Process Documentation - The ME will generate assembly and inspection instructions for manufacturing and repair processes associated with complex electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies. The ME will also provide related training to assemblers and inspectors.
- Process Development - The ME will develop processes and identify the equipment needed to perform the work. The PCE will support the identification, evaluation, selection, procurement, and qualification of manufacturing equipment.
- Disposition of Hardware - The ME will evaluate defective hardware and offer repair recommendations in compliance with approved processes, drawings, and governing requirements.
- Design Support - The ME will research and prepare Engineering Change Requests (ECR) for submittal to the customer and design agency.
- Production Planning - The ME will be responsible for compiling failure records, defects, and design updates for the generation of detailed step by step route sheets to be used on the production floor.
- Fault Reporting and Trend Analysis - The ME will be responsible for compiling fault data for operator, process, or equipment faults as they relate to manufacturing operations. The ME will analyze the data and then present it graphically at periodic customer reviews.
- The ME must be able to read and comprehend both electrical and mechanical drawings as well as possess working knowledge of manufacturing principles, tooling, equipment, and materials.
- The ME will be responsible for achieving specific Cost Improvement goals by utilizing Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in an engineering function related to manufacturing, repair, or depot operations.
- Candidate must have strong communication skills, written and oral, and be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Required Education (including Major):
- Familiarity with engineering processes that relate to manufacturing, design, and support
- Hands-on Manufacturing Experience
- Current existing security clearance
- B.S./B.A. in a related technical field. Related industry or military experience may be substituted for a degree
Other Requirements (Clearance, travel):
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- SECRET - Must be able to obtain a security clearance. Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance within one year.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.