The SAS Hardware Engineering Center is seeking a qualified candidate with extensive knowledge of power electronics and/or analog electronics to join the EWS Mission Area Design Group. Responsibilities include working closely with a team of engineers to develop proven designs based on system/module requirements and operational specifications. The ideal candidate possesses a combination of design experience, electronics knowledge, and hands-on laboratory skills. The selected candidate will provide solutions and support power supply requirements development with systems engineering and module designers, perform trade studies, design analysis & simulations, present at design reviews, create schematics, provide circuitry CAD layout guidance, and support build & test. This position can be located at any SAS site.
- Minimum 6 years of Power and Analog electronics experience with strong technical background.
- Design experience in power conversion electronics or systems - AC/DC, DC/DC, Switching and Linear Supplies, Filter and Noise Control/Suppression.
- Design experience in analog electronics – small signal amplifications and filtering, low noise techniques.
- Ability to perform required electrical circuit analysis using simulation tools such as PSPICE or similar computer based tools.
- Hands on experience in extensive circuit checkout to the developed test plan and validation to the requirements matrix.
- Conduct investigation activities to identify and resolve performance issues.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor team members in the design field
- Ability to quickly adapt to new computer aided design tools
- Experience generating technical documentation and reports
- Adept with oral and written communications
- Ability to work in a team environment interfacing with other disciplines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.