Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services is looking for a Talented Cyber Security Experts to join our System Engineering Team and support the COBRA DANE program in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Want to join a company that Stands Out among their competitors? At Raytheon, We Stand Out for a lot of reasons – and our employees are behind every one of them. Click here to find out what they have to say about the work we do and who we do it:
This Cyber Security Technologist will support the COBRA DANE Program located at the Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS), Colorado Springs CO facility. This position is to provide certified services, and support for Information Assurance/Program Protection efforts for COBRA DANE to provide compliance with governing DoD and Air Force Cybersecurity, Physical Security and Personnel Security directives.
This position is located in Colorado Springs.
We are a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare IA Assessment and Authorization documentation (RMF)
• Participate in an IS and program level risk assessment during the A&A process
• Support the analysis and update / development of all Information Assurance/Program Protection related policies, plans, and procedures
• Interpret patterns of non-compliance to determine their impact on levels of risk and/or overall effectiveness of the Program Protection program (OM&S, Depot Sustainment and Delivery Orders where applicable)
• Support the analysis of identified security strategies
• Assessing known systems vulnerabilities and verifying system hardening and patching activities to ensure compliance with the most current applicable Security Technical Implementation Guides ( STIGs)/Security Requirements Guides (SRGs) and related checklists
• Evaluate and recommend development efforts for approval to ensure that baseline security safeguards are appropriately installed
• Evaluate the presence and adequacy of security measures proposed or provided in response to requirements contained in acquisition documents
• Take action as needed to ensure that accepted products meet Common Criteria requirements
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the enclaves IA security procedures and safeguards to ensure they provide the intended level of protection
• Support the Cobra Dane PPL in all various program protection related concerns for Cobra Dane
• Obtain and maintain IA baseline certification appropriate to position
Must be a US Citizen with an active Secret clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance with SCI access
A bonus of "up to" $40,000.00 is being offered to hired applicants with Active TS/SCI, or higher, clearances
• Security+ or CISSP certification
• Experience in Information Systems Security/Information Assurance, Security Engineering
• Past experience with security authorization packages and related artifacts, bodies of evidence
• Understanding of DoD 8500 directives and NIST 800 series special publications, NISPOM, CNSS policies and procedures, etc.
• Experience supporting various computer hardware platforms and multiple operating systems in both stand alone and LAN/WAN configurations
• Working knowledge of operating systems security features and settings (e.g. Windows, UNIX, and Linux)
• Professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills, and ability to excel in a high-paced multi-tasked environment
• Demonstrated ability to act independently, prioritize tasks, and manage to schedule
• Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written modes
• Willing and able to travel as required up to 10% of work schedule
• Experience with Air Force Network Operations (AFNETOPS) and Information Assurance/Cybersecurity Operations (AFCYBER) at the MAJCOM, Base and/or Squadron level
• Experience with information security toolset including anti-virus, Vulnerability Assessment, HIDS/ NIDS
• Experience with IA vulnerability testing and related network and system test tools; e.g., ACAS, Nagios, Nessus, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
• Previous role in Information Assurance, Cybersecurity and/or Program Protection in an Air Force Network Operations & Security Center (NOSC) and/or Communications Squadron operational environment (MAJCOM IA staff, Wing Information Assurance Office, or similar)
• Experience supporting a Designated Approval Authority (DAA) in the establishment of IA/Program Protection doctrine, directives, instructions or related plans, policies and procedures
• Experience as a DAA Technical representative
2 years with a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math or related degree; or related experience in lieu of degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.