***Great opportunity for current college students entering their Junior or Senior year by Fall 2020 or college graduate students (entering or currently enrolled) in a graduate program by Fall 2020. If you are not a current college or graduate student, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide War Fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering integration and testing support as part of the Tactical Radar Systems Department. This department provides the full range of Systems Design, Analysis, Integration, Verification, and Validation activities in support of SAS Radar Programs.
These activities include:
For Multi-Level Intern Requisitions:
- The successful candidate will participate in Systems Engineering activities which may include:
- Requirements decomposition and flow down
- Design and development activities
- Supporting modelling and simulation for prediction and validation of radar modes
- Testing radar systems in the system integration laboratory.
This position can be a Salary Grade of G04, G05 or NUG based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- G04 (College Junior by Fall 2020) - must have completed 60 hours of college
- G05 (College Senior by Fall 2020) - must have completed 90 hours of college
- NUG (Post- Graduate-Masters-PhD by Fall 2020) - must have an Undergraduate Degree and currently enrolled or about to enroll in a Graduate Degree Program
- General knowledge of Software and Systems Development Processes
- Knowledge of the following software tools and languages: Matlab, Visual Studio, PTC CreoView, Python, C, C++
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Must be a College Junior, Senior or Graduate student by Fall 2020
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Active Clearance
- General knowledge of Configuration Management principles, such as Document Management and Engineering Change Management
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with engineers at all levels, and other Raytheon organizations
- Established verbal and written communication skills to successfully support peer reviews and associated software system documentation
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate Government Agency for non-U.S. persons
- Currently pursuing a BS Degree from an Accredited 4-year University and entering as a College Junior or Senior year OR pursuing a MS/ PhD by Fall 2020.
- Must be working towards a Degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, or other related field.
- Must be appropriate grade level listed above.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.