We have an opportunity for an electrical engineer who is seeking to utilize their strong academic background and experience in RF/Microwave system theory and design, including architectures, subsystems, components and Active Electronically Steered Antennas (AESAs). The successful candidate will employ their working knowledge of Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs) and analytical skills in electromagnetic and microwave theory. Responsibilities include design and hands-on testing of microwave components, cards and systems plus providing technical support to production activities.Team leadership skills including cost and schedule management plus proposal writing and presentation experience are desired.Some travel to integration sites, plus customer and subcontractor facilities, may be required.
This position can be a G08 or a G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they related to the skills, experiences, and responsibilities required for the position.
We will be looking to hire multiple candidates throughout 2020
4+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Microwave/RF system, subsystem and component analysis, design and test
- Hands-on experience with electromagnetic simulation tools such as HFSS, ADS, CST, Mentor Graphics’ Xpedition and analytical tools such as Matlab
- Background designing and testing analog CCAs, including frequency conversion, automatic gain control, amplifier design and analog filter design
- Experience in electrical interconnects and transmission line design
- Understanding of EMI analysis and mitigation techniques
- Propensity for learning through self-study, and being comfortable in a multi-tasking environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience leading smalls design teams
- Understanding of allocating and flowing down requirements from the system to the component level
- Knowledge of cost estimating, plus budget and schedule management
- Experience in a production environment
- Strong academic background that includes courses in: Microwave Engineering, Microwave Systems, Electromagnetic Theory and Radar Systems
- Strong hands on experience with microwave testing techniques, including using spectrum analyzers, Real-time Spectrum Analyzers (RSAs), Vector Network Analyzers (VNAs) and Performance Network Analyzer (PNAs)
- Experience in technical writing, proposal writing, and oral presentations
- Existing Secret clearance or ability to obtain a secret clearance with interim clearance
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering OR PhD degree in Electrical Engineering is a plus
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a STEM major
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.