What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Manager II Mission Assurance Engineering (Quality Program Lead) is responsible for the overall Program Quality Activities (hardware, software and systems) and success of Mission Assurance activities. In this position the Quality Program Lead (QPL) will be part of the team supporting the Patriot Repair and Return and Performance Based Logistics Programs. The QPL will lead the interpretation, implementation and execution of Mission Assurance and contractual requirements throughout the product life cycle. The QPL will be able to anticipate and provide valid solutions to avert program process and product and supplier issues. The role requires working closely with Program Management to ensure all process and product requirements are met. The QPL is an integrated team member to direct, influence, and monitor the program activities, he/she is experienced and successful in devising and implementing change strategies. QPL tasks include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Act as primary focal point to program management for all Mission Assurance activities through solid relationships with multiple levels of the organization and customers.
- Implement program metrics and use them to drive execution improvement.
- Support and lead process improvement teams using Six Sigma and other process improvement tools.
- Review program and subcontractor trends and identify recommended improvement opportunities, corrective actions and other remedies.
- Resolve elevated quality issues with program management.
- Review the contract and prepare quality planning documents. Assure all program planning documents are written and approved.
- Attend project meetings and review project status reports. Keep quality management abreast of program quality issues.
- Certify and release products (i.e. Document, drawing release, software/hardware release).
- Support internal and external audits.
- Maintain objective evidence of the quality program through organized program quality records and archive as required.
- Build and maintain effective business relationships with DCMA and DoD customers.
- 8+ years of related professional experience in Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain, and/or Operations discipline
- Experience with program management or supplier processes
- Experience and analytical skills in root cause analysis, corrective / preventive actions
- Experience utilizing Lean/Six Sigma or other contemporary methodologies and tools for continuous improvement
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance.
- Technical background and experience throughout all phases of a program lifecycle
- Experience working in large Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100, CMMI and Mission Assurance Provisions
- EVMS certification
- Proposal and cost Basis of Estimates (BOEs) experience
- Ability to identify root cause, initiate/implement effective corrective actions and track corrective action to closure
- Must be a self-starter, work proactively to prevent problems, demonstrate flexibility, and have the ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and must be able to interface directly with multi-functional customers
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Quality or equivalent technical major
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.