***Great opportunity for current college students entering their Junior or Senior year by Fall 2020 or college graduate students (entering or currently enrolled) in a graduate program by Fall 2020. If you are not a current college or graduate student, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***
The Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) designs and develops electronics and test equipment for RF, EW, Communications and EO sensors. HWEC provides engineering, technology development, and manufacturing support for an extensive line of airborne, ground, and space-based systems.
As an Electrical Engineer Intern, you may be involved with any of the following activities:
For Multi-Level Intern Requisitions: This position can be a Salary Grade of G04, G05 or NUG based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate tothe skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Circuit analysis, circuit simulation, design documentation maintenance, trade assessments for obsolescence resolution, troubleshooting and resolution of hardware performance issues and hardware integration, test and verification.
- Integration and test of RF/Analog/Digital components and modules.
- Design, development, and integration of Special Test Equipment (STE) with the Prime Hardware.
- Work as part of a team to analyze Hardware / Software test requirements / specifications to determine Hardware and Software requirements.
- Develop solutions to test issues and develop productivity and efficiency enhancements.
- Interact with test technicians, factory facilitators, operations managers, other engineers, Quality Assurance and Reliability personnel.
- G04 (College Junior by Fall 2018) - must have completed 60 hours of college
- NUG (Post- Graduate-Masters-PhD by Fall 2018) - must have an Undergraduate Degree and currently
- Must be a college Junior by Fall 2020
- Basic/fundamental electrical/electronic engineering classes in circuit theory/analysis in radio frequency (RF), power, and/or analog/digital design
- Experience working within a team environment
- Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Experience with MS Office tool suite
- Must be able to obtain an Interim Secret Security Clearance PRIOR to starting
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience working in a lab environment with standard EE lab equipment (i.e., Vector Network Analyzers, Power Meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, DMMs, signal sources)
- Have strong technical aptitude as shown by strong grades or hands on lab experience
- Be a hands on person with ability to work with production equipment
- Ability to apply basic principles, theories, and concepts within the electrical engineering fields and general knowledge of other related disciplines
- Ability to demonstrate delivery quality and timely results
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to multi-task
- Demonstrated leadership experience through school or extracurricular projects
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
Required Education: Currently pursuing a BS degree from a 4-year University and entering as a college Junior or Senior OR pursuing a MS / PhD by Fall 2020. Must be working towards a Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical discipline. Must be appropriate grade level listed above.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.