Job Title: University Programs: Mechanical Engineering Intern (Junior, Senior or Graduate)
***Great opportunity for current college students entering their Junior or Senior year by Fall 2018 or college graduate students (entering or currently enrolled) in a graduate program by Fall 2018. If you are not a current college or graduate student, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***
As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Interim Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
The Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) designs and develops electronics and test equipment for RF, EW, Communications and EO sensors. The Center provides engineering, technology development, and manufacturing support for an extensive line of airborne, ground, and space-based systems.
The candidate’s specific work will vary but may include the following:
You will learn frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques. You will be expected to provide recommendations to a variety of technical problems of appropriate scope and complexity, working under general supervision. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.For Multi-Level Intern Requisitions: This position can be a Salary Grade of G04, G05 or NUG based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Review, develop and implement process improvements on components, materials and mechanical specifications and assembly drawings
- Candidate will be expected to follow established procedures in creation of technical data package, design guidelines while working closely with program / functional supervision to ensure the overall design objectives are met
- Perform analysis, qualification and acceptance testing on components, material, optical assemblies and mechanical fixtures and/or structures
- Provide manufacturing/process engineering support to Circuit Card Assembly (CCAs), optical assemblies and mechanical fixtures and/or structures
- Review designs for producibility and affordability
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems. Required Skills:
- G04 (College Junior by Fall 2019) - must have completed 60 hours of college
- G05 (College Senior by Fall 2019) - must have completed 90 hours of college
- NUG (Post- Graduate-Masters-PhD by Fall 2019) - must have an undergraduate degree and currently enrolled or about to enroll in a graduate degree program
- Must be a college Junior, Senior or Graduate student by Fall 2020
- Basic/fundamental mechanical engineering classes in circuit theory/analysis in radio frequency (RF), power, and/or analog/digital design
- Experience working within a team environment
- Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Experience with MS Office tool suite
- Must be able to obtain an interim Secret security clearance PRIOR to starting
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Experience with design, assembly, and integration of mechanical and/or optical systems
- Experience working in a lab environment and with standard lab tools
- Ability to demonstrate delivery quality and timely results
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to multi-task
- Ability to apply basic principles, theories, and concepts within the mechanical, chemistry or material engineering fields and general knowledge of other related disciplines
- Have strong technical aptitude as shown by strong grades or hands on lab experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience through school or extracurricular projects
- Be a hands on person with ability to work with production equipment
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
Required Education: Currently pursuing a BS / BA degree from a four-year university and entering as a college Junior or Senior OR pursuing a MS / MA / PhD by Fall 2020. Must be working towards a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science, Material Engineering, Engineering Technology, Physics, or equivalent technical discipline. Must be appropriate grade level listed above.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.