Job Title: University Programs: Mechanical Engineer I
***Great opportunity for current seniors in college or recent college graduates. If you are not a current college senior, or a recent college graduate, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***
As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Interim Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
The Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) is an engineering organization that focuses on product producibility and mission assurance. It is a vital link in the integrated product development process that allows Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) to introduce reliable new products faster, better, and more economically.
The Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) designs and develops electronics and test equipment for RF, EW, Communications and EO sensors. The Center provides engineering, technology development, and manufacturing support for an extensive line of airborne, ground, and space-based systems.
The candidate’s specific work will vary but may include the following:
You will learn frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques. You will be expected to provide recommendations to a variety of technical problems of appropriate scope and complexity, working under general supervision. You should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems. Required Skills:
- Review, develop and implement process improvements on components, materials and mechanical specifications and assembly drawings
- Candidate will be expected to follow established procedures in creation of technical data package, design guidelines while working closely with program / functional supervision to ensure the overall design objectives are met
- Perform analysis, qualification and acceptance testing on components, material, optical assemblies and mechanical fixtures and/or structures
- Provide manufacturing/process engineering support to Circuit Card Assembly (CCAs), optical assemblies and mechanical fixtures and/or structures
- Review designs for producibility and affordability
- Experience with design, assembly, and integration of mechanical and/or optical systems
- Experience working in a lab environment and with standard lab tools
- Experience working within a team environment
- Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Experience with MS Office tool suite
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Ability to demonstrate delivery quality and timely results
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to multi-task
- Ability to apply basic principles, theories, and concepts within the mechanical, chemistry or material engineering fields and general knowledge of other related disciplines
- Have strong technical aptitude as shown by strong grades or hands on lab experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience through school or extracurricular projects
- Be a hands on person with ability to work with production equipment
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
Required Education: Must have a BS / BA with a major in Mechanical Engineering or other related field by Summer 2020 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.