The Whole Life Engineering Directorate has an opening for a Project Engineer/Control Account Manager supporting Missions Systems and Sensors (MSS) programs.
This role is focused on providing project support to Integrated Product Team, Cross Product Team, and/or Program Management team throughout the program lifecycle. This individual will be responsible for coordinating operational aspects of program initiatives, serve as liaison between project management, planning, project team, finance and functional disciplines in developing mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving within the program team. The Project Engineer/Control Account Manager assists in establishing team cadence, initial project baseline, schedule development, provides status on program metrics, technical, cost, schedule and risk and opportunities.
The Whole Life Engineering Directorate is a systems engineering organization whose main objective is to influence hardware, software, and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability and economical ownership by the customer and end users.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Preparing, revising, updating and monitoring required documentation and analysis in compliance with contract requirements, Raytheon’s Integrated Product Development System (IPDS), Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Corporate and Business policies and procedures.
- Integrating key business activities into a seamless project management plan leveraging best practices, people skills and cross utilization of assets. Assisting program leadership with emerging tasks critical to achieving program business objectives.
- Identifying and implementing key program metrics and lead development of situational awareness charts to be used as management tools by program leadership teams to drive program success.
- Serve as Control Account Manager for assigned scope
- Supporting development of required product lifecycle artifacts and reviews
- Tracking program actions and working with action owners to ensure timely closure of actions.
- Monthly coordination and creation of material to support the Program Management Review (PMR) package while leveraging material from the IPT status reviews.
- Support contract bidding, negotiation and contract definitization efforts
- Coordinate and manage Inter Organizational Transfer (IOT) activity including statement of work, budget, schedule, SDRLs
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 4+ years of related experience in program support, planning, project management, finance or a related discipline (4+ years with Bachelor’s Degree or 8 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree; 2+ years with relevant Master’s Degree; 0+ years with relevant PhD)
- Experience with program management tools and processes in one of the following areas: EVMS, Integrated Master Plan (IMP) / Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Risk and Opportunity Management or similar business processes
- US Citizenship is required
Required Education:Bachelor’s Degree or 8 years of relevant field experience may be considered in lieu of a BS/BA. (Two years related work experience can substitute for one year of education)This job is posted internally as: Sr. Engineering Logistics Specialist IAt Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more. What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in Control Account Management, Finance, Program Planning and Scheduling, Risk and Opportunity Management or similar business management processes
- Prior experience and application of Defense Acquisition processes, Project Management or similar business processes
- Prior experience supporting programs, preferably in the aerospace and defense industry
- Demonstrated skills in planning and execution for both short-term requirements and long-term opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills with special focus on achieving active participation of appropriate individuals across the business
- Experience supporting programs and executing responsibilities in an Agile environment
- Experience developing and reviewing cost proposals and synthesizing business review material for Management review and approval
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, Earned Value Certification or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to develop and integrate solutions to complex programs, prior experience in engineering planning
- Advanced degree or professional certification(s)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.