We are a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon.
Click here to view:
Raytheon is looking for a systems engineer with experience in design, development, and integration of large-scale GEOINT ground systems including a broad knowledge of ground architectures, concept of operations, requirements and operations. Candidate must possess influential leadership skills to guide teams composed of program technical experts. The candidate will support both intra-program integration as well integration with the other programs within the ground enterprise including transition of the system to Operations.
The candidate will be a member of the Raytheon IIS M2C2 Operations and Maintenance Team – a team of systems engineers and software developers contributing to the accomplishment of tasks in development and operations environments. As part of the team, the successful candidate will perform tasks to include, but not limited to, the following:
This position requires a US Government SSBI clearance investigation < 5 years ago
- Perform system development, integration and operations support in an iterative development environment;
- Support software development through initial investigation of operational system issues, discovering code bugs, providing code fixes and execution of maintenance activities in the operational environment;
- Conduct testing activities and test and operational readiness reviews;
- Define operational concepts and procedures planning and development, interfacing with personnel from other organizations
- Support definition of operations concepts and procedure planning / development, interfacing with personnel from other organizations;
- Attend technical interchange meetings with the team members, other program personnel and other segments;
- Represent the organization to external customers on operations and maintenance matters;
- Review requirements and resolve technical systems engineering and integration issues.
Validated TSSCI clearances are eligible for sign on bonus amounts up to $40,000.
- Must have the ability to manage time and resources in order to meet assigned deadlines.
- Experience with any of the following Satellite Ground System Elements:
- Command and Control
- Planning and Scheduling
- Development or Operations Environment
- Launch readiness
- System maintenance planning and execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and sound problem solving skills
- Experience authoring and delivering documentation and training for satellite operators
- Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight in a dynamic, fast-paced & high visibility environment
- Team player incorporating a team based success philosophy
- Contribute to the completion of program & project milestones under the specific guidance of his/her immediate supervisor
- US Government SSBI clearance investigation < 5 years ago
- Familiarity with the software and system development life cycle on government programs
- Significant experience in at least one of the following system engineering areas for Satellite Ground Systems:
- Architecture development
- Operations concept development
- Functional analysis
- Interface definition
- Verification & validation
- B.S. in Engineering, Science or Mathematics or similar STEM degree a minimum of 6 years professional experience or MS or PhD in Engineering, Science or Mathematics, a minimum of 6 years professional experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.