Positions are available in Herndon, VA, Seattle, WA, and Denver, CO.
Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Amazon is looking to hire highly motivated, best-in-class Network Operations Engineers for our Network Infrastructure team that runs critical Amazon Web Services IP networks. The team will drive the stability and sustainability of these next-generation networks and discover innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
The ideal candidate will be expected to perform high quality network and/or systems operations, best practices application, optimization, internal/external customer interactions, and produce appropriate technical documentation. He/she will demonstrate sound knowledge of networking concepts and theory, and have experience participating in network support for a large-scale enterprise or service provider environment. He/she will have a proven track record of success in driving complex issues to resolution autonomously and/or collaboratively. A love for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technology is required.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
· Maintain Amazon Web Services’ next generation networks for significant AWS customers by providing critical network operations support to diagnose, mitigate impact, and resolve networking issues.
· Troubleshoot network routing, interconnectivity, platforms, performance, and configurations issues; including necessary low level application interaction, Unix systems, and new age networking software tools.
· Work closely with our Network/Systems/Software Engineering teams to assist with operations and sustaining of networking software tools.
· Collaborate with higher tier escalation engineers/resolvers.
· Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
3+ years experience in a network focused hands-on technical role working with IP routing protocols/technologies and platforms in large scale data center and/or WAN network environments.
· 3+ years experience in a technical on-call capacity, responding to customer impacting events, mitigating and root cause analysis of those events.
· 3+ years experience developing engineering, deployment, or operations mechanisms to support IP network and/or networking systems.
· Must be able to work in a 24x7 team on call rotation, with ability to drive into workplace for critical events/needs.
· The ability to sit in front of computer during scheduled work hours with appropriate breaks while maintaining a high level of alertness and attention to detail.
· Travel to data center/network sites and Amazon/customer offices as needed.
· Experience with one or more of the following router, server load balancer, and/or firewall vendor platforms: Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, Arista, Brocade, Extreme, Citrix, F5, Fortinet, Palo Alto, etc.
· Experience in a technical on-call capacity, responding to customer impacting events, mitigating and root cause analysis of those events.
· Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
· Self driven, detail oriented, excellent analytical skills, a strong team player who works well with immediate and extended team, and consistently puts the team above oneself.
· Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision, and keep up with a fast moving environment via effective prioritization and time management.
· Strong desire to build, ability to multitask, sense of ownership and urgency.
· In-depth knowledge of and experience with networking and/or systems technologies
· Knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures.
· Experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments.
· Software development/programming
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
**For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.**
If you’re interested in learning more about this role and others that are similar, please join AWS recruiters at our next virtual open house: