Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking a Sr. Systems Administrator (Windows) to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
The Sr. Systems Administrator applies expert knowledge in Windows environments in support of an advanced cybersecurity environment. Works with a team of highly skilled administrators to provide senior level administrative expertise for a Windows/RHEL environment. Mentors junior system administrators and recommends design changes to improve the system operability.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 6+ years of directly relevant and hands-on Windows systems administration experience
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Windows OS installations, security hardening and maintenance
- Comfortable with building physical and virtual servers from scratch
- Ability to deploy and integrate new applications that may be requested
- Capable of quickly learning new applications that run on various operating systems for testing and deployment
- Experience with administration and management of servers to include installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery
- Experience with performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
- Familiar with fundamentals of scripting languages for automation tasks and deployments (e.g. Bash Shell, Python & Kickstart technologies)
- Integration & implementation experience with various services such as LDAP, Samba, NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies
- Familiarity with configuration management
- Experience and/or knowledge of Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with Linux and VMware
- Experience with software development using Java, RESTful services
- Comfortable with multilevel security systems or Cross Domain Solutions
- Experience with distributed compute environments such as Hadoop
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities, including good understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well-Architected Framework, AWS certification
- Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console. Knowledge and experience configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
- Experience working in DevOps and/or DevSecOps environments
Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level I
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or other applicable Windows certification
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.