We are the Advanced Missile Systems Center within the System Design & Performance (SD&P) Directorate at Raytheon Missile Systems and we are seeking an Engineering Fellow with experience in developing new systems solutions to join our team. We are helping to shape the future of innovative weapon system solutions in response to our customers' most urgent needs and have an opportunity for you to join us!
The SD&P Directorate is responsible for systems engineering, algorithm development, guidance, navigation and control, and system modeling and simulation for Raytheon Missile Systems’ (RMS) broad portfolio of projects, programs and products. Within the directorate, AMSC has the responsibility to design, develop, and provide performance analysis for system solutions for the Front End of the Business (FEOTB) for the Advanced Missile Systems (AMS) product line. Responsibilities include systems level engineering, developing system architecture, algorithm design and development, performance analysis, and customer interface.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Required Skills and Experience:
- Develop system level architectures, conceptual designs, hardware/software products for demonstration, and performance assessments for new solutions.
- Develop solutions to complex system and system of systems challenges often involving multiple subsystem interactions
- Lead system design decisions involving trade studies, requirements allocation, and verification methods Analyze system performance and associated risk assessments in simulation, hardware subsystem test, and flight test environments
- Engage across engineering disciplines to ensure proper system development and program execution
- Coordinate with suppliers to resolve technical issues, manage statements of work, and mitigate risks
- Responsible for providing guidance, coaching / mentoring, and training to engineering staff across the enterprise
- Act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs across product lines.
- Pursue research and development funding both internal and external to Raytheon to advance systems engineering and directly impact product line business metrics.
- Provide technical leadership (along with hands on participation) for systems as the Chief Engineer or Lead Systems Engineer for a program.
- Communicate with customers (internal and external) to understand requirements and communicate capabilities
- Actively participate in definition of team objectives and creation of solutions to complex technical tasks including system design decisions involving trade studies, requirements allocation, and verification methods
- Develop design studies ranging from initial concept trades through final performance evaluations
- Design, implement and analyze system performance and associated risk assessments in simulation, hardware subsystem test, and flight test environments
- Engage across engineering disciplines to ensure proper implementation and test of conceptual designs
- Pursue and oversee advanced development funding both internal and external to Raytheon
- Provide support for programs through participation in project design reviews and peer reviews, including technical briefings to internal leadership and external customers
- Be a strong advocate for technical integrity across multiple programs or product lines
- Be responsible for technical growth of apprentices
- Demonstrate ability to continuously adapt to changing business needs
- Existing Department of Defense Secret clearance or higher
- Twelve (12) years of engineering experience in system engineering
- Four (4) years of demonstrated systems team leadership experience
- System design experience collaborating across multiple engineering disciplines
- Experience architecting a new solution to meet warfighter needs and developing that solution
- Expertise in complex systems design, build, integration, verification, validation
- Experience defining technical strategies and execution
- Proven technical leadership in leading senior multi-discipline engineers to drive innovative solutions and rapid results
- New business capture experience including contribution or authoring of white papers, competitive proposal’s technical volumes and growth strategies
- Recent work experience assessing program level risks to performance objectives and communicating status to business leadership and customer community
- Applied work experience presenting technical data and interacting with customer community in design reviews and technical interchange meetings
- Experience as a Chief Engineer or Systems IPT Lead in the past five years
- A proven ability to accurately document architectures and solutions.
- Background and knowledge of electrical, mechanical, RF, and/or system level requirements
- A professional history with publications, patents or the equivalent such as trade secrets developing technical education material (internal or at the University level).
Required Education (including Major):
- Advanced degree in Engineering (Master’s Degree or Ph.D preferred in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Physics)
- A “big picture” thinker with strong written and oral communication skills, having sound judgement and decision making abilities, able to effectively juggle multiple tasks and priorities, an advocate for process improvement, and a team player able to build strong relationships and effectively partner with others
- Experience in aerospace/military systems development
- Experience in the application of MBSE-Model Based Systems Engineering to complex technology systems
- Excellent people skills and mentoring capabilities of senior engineers
- Excellent business acumen (ROI, etc.), & demonstrated ability to perform trade studies to optimize system performance
- Familiarity and interest in Agile development methodologies (e.g., Scrum, SAFe, Lean, etc)
- Recognized industry leader in systems engineering, with papers presented at national/international conferences
- B.S. from an ABET accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics or related engineering or scientific discipline
Check us out on YouTube:
- Must have a current DoD issued Secret Security Clearance and meet eligibility requirements for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Must be willing to relocate to Tucson, AZ
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.