***Great opportunity for current seniors in college or recent college graduates. If you are not a current college senior, or a recent college graduate, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***
As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Interim Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
Raytheon is looking for an electrical engineer to work as an Airborne component engineer in the Hardware Engineering Center of Raytheon's Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) business unit. The candidate will interface with parts suppliers, revise and develop component specification drawings, electronic part analyses and comparison studies, support the destructive physical analysis (DPA) test lab, review radar programs bills of materials (BOMs), and test and troubleshoot various types of electrical assemblies (digital, analog, power, RF, etc.) in a factory or depot environment. Other activities may include developing solutions to test issues, developing productivity and efficiency enhancements, updating design documentation, working with suppliers to resolve component issues, and evaluating design changes. The candidate will work in a multi-disciplined product team with test technicians, factory facilitators, operations managers, other engineers, and Quality Assurance personnel.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience with electronics and electrical circuits
- Ability to read drawings and electrical schematics
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to obtain an interim Secret security clearance PRIOR to starting
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Experince with EE lab equipment such as multimeters, signal sources, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and logic analyzers
- Good communication skills
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying) ?
Required Education (including major): Must have a BS with a major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or other related field by Summer 2020 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.