The Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) Department is involved in all aspects of Systems Engineering across the program lifecycle of Protected Communication Systems (PCS) programs within the Integrated Communications System (ICS) Mission Area. The SEIT Department supports a variety of communications systems including SATCOM (including AEHF, EHF, X-Band, Ka-Band, Ku-Band, C-Band, PTW), line of sight, and networking for ground based, ship, submarine, and airborne platforms. We are seeking a recognized technical leader committed to creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for our communications systems.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking a talented engineer to join the SEIT Department as a Program Chief Engineer. The Chief Engineer (CE) is the single engineering leadership point of contact and is responsible for all engineering execution of a program including technical, schedule, and financial performance.
Role and Responsibilities
- Primary program engineering leadership POC with the customer counterpart
- Establish and manage a product vision, strategy and goals to align the Program with the Customer and facilitate conflict resolution
- Support growth opportunities to turn into captured new business
- Responsible for the entirety of engineering execution including technical budget, cost, schedule and metrics
- Determines & monitors technical priorities to meet cost, schedule & performance for the entire program
- Establishes and maintains the program technical baseline, ensuring the product is optimized to meet the contractual needs and can be executed within program budget and schedule
- Monitor and trend staffing against planned work; proactively engage with Engineering functions to ensure adequate resource assignment.
- Ensure effective use of independent reviews and achieve on-time completion of all Program Engineering reviews
- Responsible for the Earned Value and/or financial management of the engineering content on a program.
- Ensures proper Engineering Risk and Opportunity management (ensures Eng risks are captured, mitigation plans in place across IPTs)
- Provide cross-IPT technical leadership and coordination - Ensure Engineering leads assigned to program are engaged in all aspects of their program
- Encourage a diverse workforce by promoting diverse opinions and thought processes and through staffing
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Systems, Software or Hardware engineering; 8yrs with Master; 6yrs with PhD
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS), IMS, & IMP tools or equivalent for managing programs
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. DoD Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Engineering experience on development or integration programs
- Experience leading an IPT or cross-function teams in program execution is a plus
- Experience in proposal development, particularly Basis of Estimate development, and other contract deliverable artifacts
- Experienced presenter with prior responsibility for dealing with customers, management, technical staff, and internal / external organizations
- Experience with accountability; responsibility for prioritizing work tasks and customer requirements across multiple teams
- Team building and motivational skills - training and developing team in disciplined engineering processes,
- Proven leadership skills and behaviors
- Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight.
- Strong communication, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Risk and opportunity management, scope management,
- Knowledge of SAS Engineering products, technologies, and processes
- Knowledge of Raytheon IPDS and Raytheon gating process
- Active DOD Secret security clearance
Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) from an accreditied educational institutionDesired Education
Master of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) from an accreditied educational institution 149245
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.