Raytheon seeks a Principal Electrical Engineer to join our Seapower and Electronic Systems Department team, supporting Navy and Patriot programs in Portsmouth, RI. The successful candidate must be capable of solving technical problems in the area of analog, digital, mixed signal, configurable logic or power design. The desired candidate would possess multi-disciplined expertise in two or more of these areas and have the ability to work independently yet collaboratively in a team environment, with other experienced hardware engineers. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: requirements analysis and decomposition, sub-system and circuit design, modeling, simulation and design verification test.
- Experience working with a multi-functional team to develop hardware to meet customer requirements
- Experience with the development of circuit cards, subsystems/assemblies, and test systems
- Experience with the development of schedules and budgets, participating in integrated product team, and support of one's design through manufacturing
- Ability to travel occasionally to supplier, integration and customer sites
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Providing the interface with On-Site Raytheon personnel, customers, and suppliers
- Analog Design – small signal amplification and filtering, low noise techniques
- Mixed Signal Design - Receiver A/D Converters, Direct Digital Converters, Receiver D/A Converters, Digital Waveform Generators, Mixed Signal CCAs, Mixed Signal Modules and Subsystems.
- Digital design: MUXs, gates, buffers, registers, ram memory, flash memory
- Embedded Systems Development – CPLDs, FPGAs, MPUs, SoC
- Magnetics Design – Inductor, Transformer, Tuning Networks
- Power Distribution - Land, Shipboard, Line Voltage, Low Voltage, High Current, DC, AC, Multi-Phase Power Control, Fault Reporting, Isolation, Overcurrent Protection Circuits, Redundant Systems
- Power Conversion - AC/DC, DC/DC and DC/AC, 3 Phase, 60 and 400Hz, 2.5 KVA Power conversion capability, Linear and Switching Supplies, PWM, ZVS, and Resonant Circuits, Synchronization, Noise Controls
- Power Design - Filter, Harmonic Control, EMI Suppression, Circuit Simulation, Overload, Short Circuit, Stress Analysis
- Experience with simulation tools: PSpice, Matlab, VHDL Test Bench
- A high degree of mathematical ability and computer literacy
- Proven customer relations experience
Required Experience/Education (including Major):
· 10+ Years, with a B.S. in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics
· Or 8+ years, with an MS in Engineering, Science or Mathematics
· Or 6+ years, with PhD in Engineering, Science or Mathematics
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include parental leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.