INL Vetting Advisor (INL – Wash D.C.)
Top Secret with SCI Eligibility (Clearance FAQs HERE)
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team, so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse, but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently identifying candidates for the following proposal position: INL Vetting Advisor (INL – Wash D.C.)
. This position will be located in WHA/MEX and will be responsible for vetting law enforcement and security force personnel who are candidates for training under foreign assistance programs in Mexico
The Vetting Advisor will conduct vetting of law enforcement and security force candidates for training as required under the Leahy Law. The Advisor will search electronic records, assess, and recommend a course of action with respect to derogatory information on individuals and/or units implicated in gross violation of human rights (GVHR) and non-GVHR cases. The Advisor may provide backup to other WHA Vetting Advisors and will work with posts and DRL Vetters to resolve any differences of interpretation of vetting results.
- Top Secret with SCI Eligibility
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of judicial and/or police training activities, and U.S. laws and regulations governing such activity.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of the human rights situation in the countries of the Western Hemisphere.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively.
- Demonstrated basic Spanish language reading ability.
ATSG Benefits & Perks—
- Conduct USG human rights vetting of military and police personnel receiving U.S. assistance, including training in Mexico.
- Provide subject matter expertise in vetting procedures for the Western Hemisphere Affairs Bureau. Provide relevant recommendations and analysis to senior officials on vetting and human rights cases.
- Advise and attend working level interagency meetings to review difficult cases. Raise problematic issues to senior levels as necessary. Consult with other geographic bureaus on the Leahy legislation and its amendments.
- Support the process to review and amend WHA vetting procedures, updating standard operation procedures to ensure processes that are more efficient. Coordinate clearances with appropriate DOS bureaus and embassies involved in the vetting process.
- Support WHA Desk Officers and Officers from Posts throughout the Western Hemisphere to ensure timely and effective responses to all vetting requests for security forces in Mexico.
- Review incoming vetting requests and conduct all required checks on those unit(s) or individual(s) to receive U.S. assistance. When derogatory information surfaces, verify information through appropriate channels to make a final recommendation on such unit(s) or individual(s).
- Following U.S. law and regulations, advise “remediation” efforts in the Bureau to clear previously problematic units, ensuring their participation in U.S.-provided training.
- Serve as backup Leahy Advisor for other vetters on the WHA vetting team as needed.
- Supplemental hours for this position are authorized and cannot be used without prior approval of the INL Contracting Officer.
- A familiarization trip to the region is anticipated and requests for the Leahy Advisor to provide training to embassy staff or attend conferences in the region may occur.
- This position is located at the WHA/MEX office: Room 3924, Harry S. Truman Building, 2201 C St. NW, Washington, DC 20520.
- This is a full-time position and the hours will be core hours of the Department of State; Monday through Friday. 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day. A compressed schedule is authorized for this position at the discretion of the WHA/MEX Director; 4 days a week and 10 hours a day (not to exceed 40 hours per week).
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- We offer a QUICK and EASY application process!
- Medical, Dental, & Vison Insurance Available
- Our Medical Insurance Plan offers Virtual Visits (through AmWell and MDLIVE) that can be done via your smartphone, tablet, or computer without leaving your home or office- for addressing a wide range of minor conditions!
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Personal Time Off (PTO) & Sick Time Off (STO)
- Life and Disability Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) & Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Retirement Benefits: Fully Vested 401(k) Plan
- Voluntary Benefits such as Legal Resources, AFLAC, VPI Nationwide® Pet Insurance (because our fur-babies are family, too!), & Continuing Education Assistance.