GDIT, a national leader in continuity of operations support services to government organizations, is seeking an experienced continuity planner to immediately join our team in support of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ) Office of Emergency Management (OEM). This is an exciting career opportunity for a motivated planner seeking to have a critical role in ensuring that the Port Authority’s vital mission and essential services are sustainable during any emergency or crisis.
The Port Authority builds, operates, and maintains critical transportation and trade assets. Its network of aviation, rail, surface transportation and seaport facilities annually moves millions of people and transports vital cargo throughout the New York/New Jersey region. The Port Authority also owns and manages the World Trade Center site, home to the iconic One World Trade Center.
Works on customer site as part of a team dedicated to supporting the business continuity of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ), the selected candidate will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Work for Program Lead Consultant to develop and implement a comprehensive agency-wide Business Continuity (BC) Program and establish related policies and practices.
- Work individually and in a team environment to complete annual BC plan updating and exercise program. Current program supports over 50 BC plans across the Agency.
- Coordinate and support a dedicated team to address staff relocation and alternate facility planning.
- Work with Agency staff and product consultants to maintain existing emergency notification system (Everbridge).
- Utilize BC Planning Software (Fusion RM) for plan updates and plan management.
- Facilitate Agency-wide or department-level BC planning meetings to move a variety of planning efforts forward to meet program goals.
- Develop project plans and schedules and manage the achievement of program deliverables.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university majoring in Public Administration, Criminal Justice, or Emergency Management with background in business continuity and/or all-hazards disaster recovery planning. Candidates should show dedication to the BC profession.
- Five (5) years’ experience in business continuity planning in a large complex organization. In addition, experience in emergency management or COOP, and demonstrated ability to effectively handle emergency and high-pressured situations.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to work nights and weekends as required and must be available to work extended tours during crisis situations in the Emergency Operations Center.
- Must possess a valid Driver's license.
- The selected candidate will be subject to a regional security background check.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrate experience in developing and facilitating training and exercises to all levels of an organization’s staff. Facilitation, evaluation and corrective action experience needed.
- Demonstrate strong skills and experience with working with a diverse group of stakeholders, both internally and externally, promoting, developing, reviewing, benchmarking, and implementing business continuity/continuity of operations policy plans and procedures.
- Demonstrate project/program management skills and the ability to organize, facilitate, negotiate and build consensus to achieve project/program objectives.
- Experience with emergency notification systems.
- Experience with development of alternate facility planning.
- Experience in and understanding of the NYC area’s emergency management community
- Hold professional certificates from BCI, DRI or FEMA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA or equivalent + 6 yrs related experience, or MA + 4 yrs related experience
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.