General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Primary duties consist of performing non-manual work directly related to the general business operations of the MTC Director as detailed in the Statement of Work (SOW) and the MTC Director’s customers, military units. Performance of these duties requires exercising discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance within the framework of the approved Event Lifecycle Management (ELM) or Joint Event Lifecycle (JELC) process. Primary duties also require advanced knowledge and independent decision-making. Work is predominantly intellectual in character and requires the employee to consistently exercise discretion and judgment.
While testing and troubleshooting in the traditional sense are a minor part of the job duties. Maintaining technical proficiency is a significant part of the duties and is implicit in certification & training event support process. Technical proficiency here transcends one system to a "system of systems" (SOS) (specifically US Army Mission Command capabilities), systems integration environment, the management of training products, and training US Army Battalion & Brigade Battle Staffs in the utilization of SOS and Training Support Package (TSP) products.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Prepares and delivers Mission Command training based on event / exercise plans received from the Team Lead.
• Plans, coordinates, and executes collective Mission Command training.
• Assists unit leadership in planning individual training that will meet their training objectives; identifies any gaps (resource, training, equipment, etc.) and works with the management team to ensure they are filled prior to execution of training.
• Updates training support packages (TSP) and products.
• Maintains a comprehensive repository of relevant TTPs.
Supports Unit Commander’s Training Objectives by developing training methods and materials such as curriculum, lectures, and computer-based training aids based on consultation with client / user specifications.
• Develops TSP training products that include comprehensive operational procedures for an integrated federation of MC systems and simulation / stimulation systems.
• Participates in Event / Exercise lifecycle management (planning, preparation, execution and recovery, AAR).
• Consults with users to design, create, and configure systems to meet their training requirements.
• Develops training environments that are unique to unit training requirements.
• Completes setup and configuration of systems, conducts testing, troubleshooting and modification of systems as required.
• Delivers small, medium and large collective training events / exercises in accordance within the established MTC training program.
• Participates in internal AARs upon completion of training
Integrates requisite Live, Virtual, Constructive, Gaming and Mission Command (LVCG+MC) within training environments.
• Supports venues for small, medium and large collective training events and exercises.
• Configures system interface nodes, documents end to end connectivity and tactical message flow, maintains the real-time operational status; tests hardware architecture and software for the conduct of staff training employing numerous capabilities as applicable.
Provides over the shoulder training, integration and simulation / stimulation support within 2 or more assigned Functional Areas:
Achieves and maintains Basic and Subject Matter Expert (SME) Certification and Annual SME re-certification as stated in the GDIT Professional Development and Certification Program (PDCP).
• Certifies within assigned Functional Area(s)
• Certifies within the Common Functional Area. Capabilities include but not limited to:
o Command Post Computing Environment (CPCE)
o Mission Command Workstation (MCWS) aka CPOF
o Joint Capabilities Release (JCR)
o Joint Battle Command Platform (JBC-P)
o WARSIM Battlespace Workstation (BSWS) with MRF-W / MRF-BWindows Tactical Assault Kit (WinTAK)
Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required to support customer requirements.
Mission Command and Intelligence capabilities to include but not limited to:
• Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS)
• Air and Missile Defense Work Station (AMDWS)
• Battle Command Common Services (BCCS)
• Blue Eye (PSDS2)
• Command Post Computing Environment (CPCE)
• Distributed Common Ground System – Army (DCGS-A)
• Joint Automated Deep Operations Coordination System (JADOCS)
• Joint Capabilities Release (JCR)
• Joint Battle Command Platform (JBC-P)
• Mission Command Workstation (MCWS) aka CPOF
• Tactical Airspace Integration System (TAIS)
• Tactical Mission Command servers (TMC)
• Tactical Radio Extension (TRAX)
• Tactical Services Infrastructure (TSI)
• Windows Tactical Assault Kit (WinTAK)
Collaboration (voice and data) capabilities to include but not limited to:
• Voice communications
Constructive Simulations - Stimulations to include but not limited to:
• After Action Review System (AARS)
• C-RAM Distributed System of Systems Simulation (CDS3)
• Command & Control Weapon System Part Task Trainer (C2WSPTT)
• Division Exercise Training and Readiness System (DXTRS)
• Extensible C4I Instrumentation Suite (ExCIS)
• Intelligence Electronic Warfare Tactical Proficiency Trainer (IEWTPT) – iLOD
• Joint Defense Logistics Model (JDLM)
• Low Overhead Training System (LOTS)
• Live Virtual Constructive – Integrating Architecture (LVC-IA)
• Multiple Unified Simulation Environment (MUSE)
• Night Vision Image Generator (NVIG)
• One Semi-Automated Forces (OneSAF)
• WARSIM Battlespace Workstation (BSWS) with MRF-W / MRF-B
• WARSIM Intelligence Model (WIM) with MRF-W / MRF-B (LE / UE)
Gaming and Virtual training capabilities to include but not limited to:
• Virtual Battle-space 3 (VBS3)
• VBS Fires
• Security Clearance: Current SECRET
• Education: BA/BS
• Experience: 5+ years of related experience supporting military operations
• Skills and Abilities:
o Expert knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the delivery of training programs
o Expert knowledge of relevant technology or subject matter
o Demonstrated effective presentation and communication skills.
• Duty day: Normal work schedule is 0730-1600, may require night or weekend work shifts depending on specific training event requirements
• Travel: May require occasional travel (less than 10%)
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.