GDIT is seeking a Sr. Network Administrator responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of computer networks (LAN/WAN). Monitors data traffic/network performance and controls network resource performance to ensure high-quality transmission, troubleshoots and resolves problems.
- LAN/WAN: The Contractor shall maintain knowledge of, and currency with local LAN, WLAN, WAN, and information technology in association with DISA, MHS, Army, Navy, Air Force, and DHA initiatives and standards.
- Optimize the production network performance and security based upon, but not limited to DISA, MHS, Army, Navy, Air Force, and DHA regulations, policies, and BBPs, prepare, utilize and adhere to standard operating procedures and concepts of operation.
- Provide services that include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing, aligning, and implementing DHA plans and strategies based upon DISA, MHS, Army, Navy, Air Force, and DHA Computer Network Defense requirements.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions to improve DHA network capabilities.
- Analyze and evaluate network security incidents to develop strategies, configurations, and procedures to prevent or minimize future network exploits.
- Provide installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and implementation support to all DHA supported activities.
- Prepare, implement, and maintain a global Medical Community of Interest (MEDCOI) architecture supporting all DHA activities and partners.
- Review and analyze network infrastructure surveys, WLAN heat maps, floor plans, cable drop placement and counts, data analysis, network design and implementation as part of an established network design engineering team in support of customer directed requirements.
- The contractor shall perform the following services:
- Support the overall network infrastructure at the MTFs and respond to, detect, report, record, diagnose and resolve the occurrence of network faults.
- Install, relocate, configure, modify and test routers, hubs, switches, wireless access points and associated controllers, and terminal servers.
- Measure network performance and connectivity.
- Maintain and manage Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs).
- Install, test, terminate and maintain cable. (Such installation will provide no warranty of installed cable or drops. All material and equipment required will be provided by the Government)
- Troubleshoot wiring problems.
- Inspect wiring drops.
- Troubleshoot serial communication lines.
- Operate and maintain Network Management Systems (NMS).
- Operate and maintain Network Operating Systems (NOS).
- Support diagnostics and configuration connectivity of MHS site/service specific servers, such as DBSS, CHCS, AHLTA, MHS GENESIS, DMLSS, operating systems, office automation, and other systems as specified with subsequent task orders.
- Operate and maintain security firewalls/Virtual Private Network (VPN) devices.
- Assist with DHA Infrastructure deployments and technical hardware refresh initiatives.
- Maintain documentation necessary for operations in support of LAN to WAN connectivity.
- Support the integration of network hardware and software platforms for WAN/LAN connected systems and medical AISs at MTFs, clinics, etc. as directed by the COR.
- Address user concerns with the LAN/WAN service provider and alert users to routine maintenance impacting circuits.
- BA/BS in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work experience.
- 5 years of related experience is strongly preferred.
- Minimum one year of experience required as a Network Administrator.
- Security+CE certification is strongly preferred
- CCNA or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Candidate must be able to obtain a US security clearance (Public Trust to T5 SSBI)
- US Citizenship required to be considered for this position.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.