General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a Telecommunications Network Senior Engineer in the Springfield, VA. Must have active DoD Secret, though would prefer Top Secret clearance. Experience in telecommunications network design and management.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently, or under general direction, on requirements that are complex to analyze, plan, program, and implement.
- Experience in design and implementation of IPv6 networks, LAN and WAN data networks, MP-BGP, MPLS L3VPN, and network management systems. Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities.
- Develops designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion.
- Analyzes the problem and the characteristics of the information to be transported.
- Defines the problem and develops system requirements and network specifications.
- Closely coordinates with other information system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services. In conjunction with functional users, develops alternative solutions and backup plans.
- Must have 10 years of network engineering experience involving all phases of telecommunications network design, implementation, and analysis.
- Candidates should have experience managing an IPv6 Address Plan, configuration and troubleshooting of IPv6 on Cisco routers and CheckPoint Firewalls, InfoBlox experience a plus (DNS, DHCP, IPAM), F5 Big-IP experience a plus.
- Candidate expected to provide technical and administrative direction for personnel responsible for telecommunications network design, implementation, and operations tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards and progress in accordance with schedules. Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major network installations. Prepares milestone status reports, deliveries, and presentations on network progress to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
- Clearance: Secret
- Sensitivity Level: IT-I – Critical Sensitive (Top Secret required)
- IA Level: IAT-II Security+ CE
- Computing Environment: CCSE NGX, CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, SCNA, CCSE NGX Plus NG with AI, CCMSE NG with AI, CSMSE NG with AI Plus VSX, NSA, ESE
#cjobs #defense #DLA #dicepost #gdpost
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.